DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i got attached by a bird at 300 feet

Attacked it did not really get attached like on a date? Ok so I guess you did not have a spotter watching the actual Mavic. Perhaps one reason they tell you not to just relay on the on-board camera
What> Geeeze....

Check out what happened when I got caught in a flock of snow geese--I was very impressed with the Mavic's survival--and very lucky!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I just ordered some of those stick on CREE strobes. I've not had a problem with birds. One time a Red Shoulder Hawk came out to check on my P4. He flew around it once and I made some aggressive moves towards him with it along with a sudden altitude increase and he decided I wasn't to be messed with. I'm sure if he just dived on me in attack mode I would have lost that battle but oh well. They've been flying longer than us.

Check out what happened when I got caught in a flock of snow geese--I was very impressed with the Mavic's survival--and very lucky!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Why the hell are you even flying here? This just seems really stupid. It's not like you wouldn't have noticed a giant flock of geese like this?

I often fly around a lake that has a lot of waterfowl and other flocking birds. I've been caught up in a group of seagulls and did what I could to get away from them. Sometimes a group of birds come in and all you can do is vacate the area. I don't consider it stupid to fly around water though. BTW I run 4 strobes and it seems bird are spooked a bit more but with a large group of birds like shown in the video, I doubt the strobes would work & guarantee a non strike.

Last edited:
It’s a big world. There’s no need to harass and spook the wildlife and cause injury to bird or quad.

You have to put on a Hawk costume on the Mavic to keep away birds. Don’t feel bad, I had a turkey vulture take down my drone. They have a 4-5’ wingspan [emoji6].

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phamvl3508