DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i got attached by a bird at 300 feet

rjanumpally

Reactions
have the scratch marks on the front of the mavic to prove it. Suddenly my mavic started going down 100 feet without me touching the controllers and i was like what, the camera was pointing down so i couldn't see the bird. I suddenly pressed up and away and got away from it but the scratch marks remain.

Did it crash or you were able to gain control at 100ft level? What kind of bird was it?

my mavic literally twisted sideways when the bird got hold of it went down 100 ft and luckily i was able to re go up the 100 ft and run away.

ill put reflective tape on it. This is the 2nd bird attack in a week. the first time it just hit the mavic and kept going. this time it was an all out attack to take it back to its nest.

ill put reflective tape on it. This is the 2nd bird attack in a week. the first time it just hit the mavic and kept going. this time it was an all out attack to take it back to its nest.

We’re the two attacks in the same area?

watching other bird attacks i realize i am really lucky to get away with just a few scratches on top.

Hmm. Why did the recording stop? Did you stop it? If you hadn't mentioned the bird I would've said that was a gimbal reset. May be the gimbal reset itself after the attack any way.

You're lucky. A crash from there would've done serious damage.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw