DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got this....

Dingdong

Reactions
Transferring raw footage over to Resolve......its asking me this......should I change it or leave it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Yeah, click on change when that appears. It means that the frame rate set in the timeline settings (probably the default) is different from the frame rate of your videos. It is always advisable to set the timeline frame rate to the one your videos are filmed at.

Reactions: BigAl07
So the film rate I filmed at would be more than the setting in Resolve? What if the frame rate is less in Resolve than my raw footage...I'm losing quality then?

Your frame rate is probably 25 (Tasmania is in PAL land) and Resolve is most likely defaulting to 30 frames per sec (the project settings can be made in Resolve when starting a new project). So if you kept the default Resolve would have to insert roughly 5 frames every second, not a good solution, so if you filmed at 25 fps, edit at that frame rate for the best results. Conversely if your frame rate was greater than that of your Resolve setting, you would delete the extra frame, again not a good solution. Whatever you shoot at use that on your editing timeline.

Your frame rate is probably 25 (Tasmania is in PAL land) and Resolve is most likely defaulting to 30 frames per sec (the project settings can be made in Resolve when starting a new project). So if you kept the default Resolve would have to insert roughly 5 frames every second, not a good solution, so if you filmed at 25 fps, edit at that frame rate for the best results. Conversely if your frame rate was greater than that of your Resolve setting, you would delete the extra frame, again not a good solution. Whatever you shoot at use that on your editing timeline.

I have it set to 30fps in the controller for the drone.....?

30 fps will work on Australian TV's so you can work with that. PAL is what Australian TV's etc. work with, so , in my opinion, I would go to the controller settings and change them to 25 (PAL). Mobile phone have a variable frame rate, that change all the time to somewhere from 29.xx to 30.xx, a bit of a pain if you also use those videos in your final edit. My suggestion, go to your controller and change your settings to 25 fps, do this in project settings in Resolve and then you should have no problems when editing that incorporates video from other sources (apart from mobile phones) shot in Australia and played on Australian equipment.

Reactions: Dingdong
30 fps will work on Australian TV's so you can work with that. PAL is what Australian TV's etc. work with, so , in my opinion, I would go to the controller settings and change them to 25 (PAL). Mobile phone have a variable frame rate, that change all the time to somewhere from 29.xx to 30.xx, a bit of a pain if you also use those videos in your final edit. My suggestion, go to your controller and change your settings to 25 fps, do this in project settings in Resolve and then you should have no problems when editing that incorporates video from other sources (apart from mobile phones) shot in Australia and played on Australian equipment.

I seem to be out of my depth......are not Australian TV's digital? Mine is and what about Youtube/Facebook? Isnt that for any country to upload?

Wont the quality of the film go down when I lessen the frame rates.......when I do slomo....wont it make it less HD?

Here is a reference to the history of frame rates, very well explained and a good introduction to what is happening today:
That was nice but it still doesnt explain why you say Australian TV is a different frame rate to US? Arent all TV's made in China anyway? And my TV plays US movies and Youtube videos with amazing clarity......my Mavick program on my app is the same one you guys use.....the same TV...the same drone.......the same editing program?

Australia uses the PAL system, as does Europe, NZ and a host of other countries. This system is based on 50 Hz, so we have 25p, 50p, 50i frame rates. The US use the NTSC system based on 60Hz, hence 23.95p, 59.94i, 59.94pand 24p frame rates. This system is used in the US, Canada, and some other countries (go check Wikipedia for more information, there is also SECAM and variations on PAL and NTSC systems). The generalization that all TV's are made in China is incorrect, many are but other countries eg Japan, also produce TV's. Regardless where they are made, they are made to some standard. Australian TV's will show NTSC without problems, the US TV's will not show PAL. So there are differences in the systems. For a great deal more information, check other articles on the internet. It is big, intricate topic. Suffice it to know that in Australia we use the PAL system and the US uses the NTSC system.