DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I guess first time to say hello.

Eazy here :)

Brand new to drones like many posts before me.. except even though I'm new like the others I got some questions too maybe if you got time to reply.

So hello from rockford IL.

So I just want to say I'm very interested in starting some career involving drones.. I already have "google info" or whatever and curious if anyone here has a career from drones. And don't take up too much time responding.. just this. Also if you have advice on one question specifically just answer that if you're bored.

Also for these questions I know how to search google and YouTube.. more or less just asking for friendly àdvice if you have time.

1. Does your career allow you to make money and live? Not like 12$ hour job or something (maybe start?) But like 50-70k per year?

Either way doesn't matter to me because I'm in.. but curious how much I want to invest my time in the career.

2. Is there some "school" or some place specific I should be going to get real life instructions? One that you personally know (I'm in rockford il but can travel hour~2)

3. How do you have fun with your drone? Personal fun non career related.

4. I have a dji mini 2 combo... I've watched many videos so far but.. not able to test it because it's been snowing and 0 degrees for past 3 weeks straight lol with snow for past 8 weeks I can't even get into a field.. so my question. First one ever so I haven't had it up.. but I've done the drone simulator with the spark.

Anything specific to this exact model I should know about?

Okay that should do for now..

Eazy
I see a lot of welcome messages but no real concrete advice to your question. I think, first of all, you need to do the numbers. Take $50,000 and divide by 365 days per year, you would have to make $137 a day, including Saturdays and Sundays. Since most businesses have an overhead of at least 30%, add 30% to that or $41.00. So you would have to make $178.00 every day of a 365 days a year. Do the numbers for $70,000 too.

By the way, $50,000 a year does not go very far these days.

May advise would be to learn as much as you can on your own from You Tube videos, and look for people who are actually charging for their services such as real estate filming. Ask them for a Procter-ship, e.g.: let them allow you to hang around and watch and learn. There are no formal schools.

Best of luck in your endeavor!

And welcome to our forum!!

Dale
Miami

In addition to what Dale D posted, keep in mind that many realtors already have in-house resources that can do the "drone shot". I look at industrial photography. Film construction sites, hardware inspections., stuff like that.

Eazy here :)

Brand new to drones like many posts before me.. except even though I'm new like the others I got some questions too maybe if you got time to reply.

So hello from rockford IL.

So I just want to say I'm very interested in starting some career involving drones.. I already have "google info" or whatever and curious if anyone here has a career from drones. And don't take up too much time responding.. just this. Also if you have advice on one question specifically just answer that if you're bored.

Also for these questions I know how to search google and YouTube.. more or less just asking for friendly àdvice if you have time.

1. Does your career allow you to make money and live? Not like 12$ hour job or something (maybe start?) But like 50-70k per year?

Either way doesn't matter to me because I'm in.. but curious how much I want to invest my time in the career.

2. Is there some "school" or some place specific I should be going to get real life instructions? One that you personally know (I'm in rockford il but can travel hour~2)

3. How do you have fun with your drone? Personal fun non career related.

4. I have a dji mini 2 combo... I've watched many videos so far but.. not able to test it because it's been snowing and 0 degrees for past 3 weeks straight lol with snow for past 8 weeks I can't even get into a field.. so my question. First one ever so I haven't had it up.. but I've done the drone simulator with the spark.

Anything specific to this exact model I should know about?

Okay that should do for now..

Eazy
Hi Eazy....Welcome to the World of Aviation, I will be happy to share with you what I have learned in the past year...Here We Go!

1. No, Don’t Quit Your Day Job!...50-70K is Not Reachable Especially Right Out of the Gate...Just like Flying the Manned Aircraft, Aviation Dictates that You Must “Pay Your Dues” First. For Example, I’m doing my Very First Drone Job Tomorrow...It’s shooting a “Panoramic” of Somebody’s Farm...Once in the Air, it will take all of five minutes for it to complete its mission Using an autonomous platform. However, the jobsite is 20 miles from my house each way, it will take me about an hour to an hour and a half total on the job site, I have to pay for my own insurance which is $10 an hour, and it pays a whopping $60! So basically the only reason why I’m doing it is to get the experience. but now don’t get discouraged about that... in Rockford you will have a lot more job opportunity then I have living in South Alabama.

2.OK you were asking about schools, and let me get you pointed in the right direction.
DroneUp.com and DroneDeploy.com

DroneUp in my opinion is the Best Company and their CEO Tom Walker is the Best Leader in the Drone Industry. And they Do have a Flight School that can get you your Part 107 License, Flight Training and signed up as a Sub-Contractor flying “Missions“ around your Area. Check Out Their Website and Find them on Utube...Tom gives a 24 minute speech addressing his Company Employees in 2019 that is Phenomenal. And then follow his path from there and you will see what I Mean.

DroneDeploy is the Company that Makes it all Happen...DroneUp uses their Services 90%of the time. They have a 14 day trial period that is basically in place for you to learn how to use your Drone Coupled with their Platform. But Don’t Sign Up on that 14 day Trial until you can commit to being able to go Fly the New Drone that you will have to buy in order to do all this...Start looking to acquire a Mavic Pro 2...If that’s a little steep then consider a first Generation Mavic Pro. Drone Deploy has a guide to Aircraft their Platform supports which is DJI Drones and the Skydio 2...Unfortunately they Do Not Suppot any of DJI’s Mini Series. In my opinion, I would look @ Skydio.com ...within 10 years they will be the #1 Supplier for Drone Aircraft.

3. I Really Don’t “Play“ with the Drone a whole lot, but I do like to ”Tinker” with it... Go find somewhere that is fun to fly it...you will need both Time and experience flying it in order to Advance.

4. Already covered the The Aicraft...If its new in the box keep it there if you decide to “Take the Leap” whereas it can be sold “New in the Box”....

Yep...3-5K before you go do your first $60 Gig...is it worth it? I think So...This Market and Industry has SO Much Opportunity Just waitSign up to DroneLife.Com...it’s a Great Way to start keeping up with all that is going on...

Hi Eazy....Welcome to the World of Aviation, I will be happy to share with you what I have learned in the past year...Here We Go!

1. No, Don’t Quit Your Day Job!...50-70K is Not Reachable Especially Right Out of the Gate...Just like Flying the Manned Aircraft, Aviation Dictates that You Must “Pay Your Dues” First. For Example, I’m doing my Very First Drone Job Tomorrow...It’s shooting a “Panoramic” of Somebody’s Farm...Once in the Air, it will take all of five minutes for it to complete its mission Using an autonomous platform. However, the jobsite is 20 miles from my house each way, it will take me about an hour to an hour and a half total on the job site, I have to pay for my own insurance which is $10 an hour, and it pays a whopping $60! So basically the only reason why I’m doing it is to get the experience. but now don’t get discouraged about that... in Rockford you will have a lot more job opportunity then I have living in South Alabama.

2.OK you were asking about schools, and let me get you pointed in the right direction.
DroneUp.com and DroneDeploy.com

DroneUp in my opinion is the Best Company and their CEO Tom Walker is the Best Leader in the Drone Industry. And they Do have a Flight School that can get you your Part 107 License, Flight Training and signed up as a Sub-Contractor flying “Missions“ around your Area. Check Out Their Website and Find them on Utube...Tom gives a 24 minute speech addressing his Company Employees in 2019 that is Phenomenal. And then follow his path from there and you will see what I Mean.

DroneDeploy is the Company that Makes it all Happen...DroneUp uses their Services 90%of the time. They have a 14 day trial period that is basically in place for you to learn how to use your Drone Coupled with their Platform. But Don’t Sign Up on that 14 day Trial until you can commit to being able to go Fly the New Drone that you will have to buy in order to do all this...Start looking to acquire a Mavic Pro 2...If that’s a little steep then consider a first Generation Mavic Pro. Drone Deploy has a guide to Aircraft their Platform supports which is DJI Drones and the Skydio 2...Unfortunately they Do Not Suppot any of DJI’s Mini Series. In my opinion, I would look @ Skydio.com ...within 10 years they will be the #1 Supplier for Drone Aircraft.

3. I Really Don’t “Play“ with the Drone a whole lot, but I do like to ”Tinker” with it... Go find somewhere that is fun to fly it...you will need both Time and experience flying it in order to Advance.

4. Already covered the The Aicraft...If its new in the box keep it there if you decide to “Take the Leap” whereas it can be sold “New in the Box”....

Yep...3-5K before you go do your first $60 Gig...is it worth it? I think So...This Market and Industry has SO Much Opportunity Just waitSign up to DroneLife.Com...it’s a Great Way to start keeping up with all that is going on...
Thx for all the replys out there. Additionally the last reply.. drone south dsp. You say you been here a year but signed up today...? Making me feel like a marketing thing for your suggestions... Who knows. Anyway thx all

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the very cold and Windy City.
I have been flying for 3 years now, and have been a wedding photographer for over 45 years.
Bought the drone to take photos for real estate, farms, landscape, Etc. Found out, that I needed a part 107 commercial pilots license. Been having fun with it but not making any money. Really like retirement, been studying for the test now for almost 3 years. Its to much like going to school again. Anyway do a Query, on the search function
(magnifying glass icon upper right) To make a living at it you really have to be good at what you do.
Try doing a search about making money with a drone. Hope you find some answers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty