DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I had a good experience with DJI Customer Service!

SHORod

Reactions
There seem to be a lot of posts complaining about the service (or perceived lack thereof) of DJI's customer service.

I have had to deal with DJI service twice, once on my uninsured Mavic and one that I have the Care Refresh on. The first episode was the Mavic without Care Refresh and it cost me quite a bit and took several weeks to get it returned to me. While waiting, I decided to purchase a second Mavic Pro directly from DJI with the Care Refresh. Fast forward 7 months - I managed to crash the one with Refresh in to a tree sideways while active tracking my dog. It survived the crash in to the tree, but not the 35 foot fall from the tree to the ground once I was able to encourage it out of the tree with several lengths of PVC. Anyway, I informed DJI what happened and requested an RMA. They sent me the return address label and instructions and from the time I dropped my MP off at UPS until the time I got a replacement back was a week and a half! That was a much better turn around time than what I experienced with my first experience!

I have absolutely no tie to DJI other than a customer of 2 of their Mavic Pros, I have not received any compensation for writing this (and I do not expect to). I'm just very pleased with my most recent experience.

-Rod

You did one thing smart. You didn't climb the tree. Mine was stuck 60' (Later I measured it) in a FL pine tree, and while being begged not to, I climbed up to "rescue it". I fell around halfway down when a branch broke, and broke my pelvis, and nearly all my ribs. A 12 year old tree climbing kid shouldn't have been in this tree and I'm over 60! Be careful when retrieving your drones! It's easy to get a little overzealous. Oh, now I can't tell it ever happened. While healing it hurt like hell, but since no joints were involved, it will never bother me. I'll just have extra strong points where bones healed. BTW, when reading an x-ray a fracture that's just a crack can be tough to spot. After it's started to heal the new bone is dense and shows bright white. That's when I learned that virtually all my ribs had cracks, not just the ones first identified as broken. Broken pelvis x-rays may embarrass the modest. Your genitals show up clear as day. LOL

Yikes! That sounds very painful! It reminds me of my bad decision to buy a fast, adult hoverboard. My 9 year-old son was riding it through a campground and fell off and broke his arm. Even with insurance that broken arm cost quite a bit more than the hoverboard. I'm sure your medical bills well exceeded the cost of a Mavic Pro!

Yikes! That sounds very painful! It reminds me of my bad decision to buy a fast, adult hoverboard. My 9 year-old son was riding it through a campground and fell off and broke his arm. Even with insurance that broken arm cost quite a bit more than the hoverboard. I'm sure your medical bills well exceeded the cost of a Mavic Pro!
It cost me between 5 and 10 Mavic Pros! NO HEALTH INSURANCE GAMBLE GOES AWRY! I had let my Obama Care policy lapse through pure plain and simple negligent non-payment, and was going "naked" (No Health Insurance), until the next open enrollment period when this happened. NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND AN ACCIDENT RESULTING IN TRAUMA = A FINANCIAL DEBACLE. It almost appears that I was seeing how many stupid physical and financial screw ups I could do at once. The ambulance ride alone was $650! The ER was a lot, but if you made a deal to pay immmediately, they deeply discounted it. To a small fortune from a fortune.

The bone doctor was amazing, but I spent a LOT there too. I asked for some extra pain pills for that, but they didn't go for it. But OUCH! Well over $5,000 easy, but I think I was shy of $10,000. But not by much.. But boy, I landed flat on my back on rain soften grass. My head missed the sidewalk by 6" or so. I could have gotten REALLY hurt, like paralysis kind of hurt. I bet $5,000 in those situations is nothing. Being rich and paralyzed vs poor and paralyzed would make a lot of quality of life difference, Luck, God, something kept me away from the sidewalk, and the circle of pointy stones around the tree. I get embarrassed again every time I tell this story. What was going through my head? Mother bird insanity syndrome.

It cost me between 5 and 10 Mavic Pros! NO HEALTH INSURANCE GAMBLE GOES AWRY! I had let my Obama Care policy lapse through pure plain and simple negligent non-payment, and was going "naked" (No Health Insurance), until the next open enrollment period when this happened. NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND AN ACCIDENT RESULTING IN TRAUMA = A FINANCIAL DEBACLE. It almost appears that I was seeing how many stupid physical and financial screw ups I could do at once. The ambulance ride alone was $650! The ER was a lot, but if you made a deal to pay immmediately, they deeply discounted it. To a small fortune from a fortune.

The bone doctor was amazing, but I spent a LOT there too. I asked for some extra pain pills for that, but they didn't go for it. But OUCH! Well over $5,000 easy, but I think I was shy of $10,000. But not by much.. But boy, I landed flat on my back on rain soften grass. My head missed the sidewalk by 6" or so. I could have gotten REALLY hurt, like paralysis kind of hurt. I bet $5,000 in those situations is nothing. Being rich and paralyzed vs poor and paralyzed would make a lot of quality of life difference, Luck, God, something kept me away from the sidewalk, and the circle of pointy stones around the tree. I get embarrassed again every time I tell this story. What was going through my head? Mother bird insanity syndrome.
I also had a great service from DJI refresh, I only had my pro for 2 weeks then crashed it and destroyed it from pilot error. I was travelling at the time so away from home but DJI sent me a shipping label and I returned it while still on my travels away from home and two weeks later I recorded the replacement AC at my holiday address. Cost €69.00 for the repair charged but they exchanged for replacement craft.

I couldn't recommend DJI care plan highly enough!

Thus far, according to a recent survey, I seem to hold the tital of being the only Mavic Pro Platinum owner to use both my refresh cases. Now, after a recent encounter with a tree, my Mavic is completely destroyed. I sent it into the DJI repair center in Texas and experiencing a little anxiety over what the price might be.

To date, I have about $5000 invested in t 2 MPP's, DJI goggles, batteries, refresh accounts, carbon props, 4 port charging blocks, and custom cases. I'm beginning to think I should have went with the inspire 2 and had it covered on my homeowners.

I'll try and remember to post the cost and list the damages

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas