DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I HATE DJI ASSISTANT 2!!!!!!

Just the black dots
Ok I’m still lost. Was looking on YT for a solution and saw where some where having issues with not having a full screen.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Yea the Assistant 2 for Mavic is for the Mavic 2 not the Mavic Pro.

If you have a 4k or irregular sized monitor it will throw the image sensor calibration off. When you enter the screen size it’s probably asking for the dimensions in pixels.

Ok I’m still lost. Was looking on YT for a solution and saw where some where having issues with not having a full screen.
That must be me...
After each attempt it ask screen size which i
Put in as 15.
Then it says recalibrate which I do and get same error message..
I’ve tried adjusting what o can and even maximize my screen..
NOTHING AGAIN..
I guess I’m giving up on my computer.
Dji assistant does not have a way to adjust screen size.
At least mine doesn’t..
I really appreciate everyone trying..
Yea the Assistant 2 for Mavic is for the Mavic 2 not the Mavic Pro.

If you have a 4k or irregular sized monitor it will throw the image sensor calibration off. When you enter the screen size it’s probably asking for the dimensions in pixels.
thank u brett8883,
I don’t have a 4K screen but what u said about them
Meaning pixels instead of actual size..
So how does one know pixel dimensions

Make sure you only have one monitor connected to your PC.

Go to display setting and switch the resolution to 1920x1080.

Restart Assistant 2 and try again.

If that doesn’t work restart the computer and try again.

If that still doesn’t work try skipping the calibration tutorial.

Reactions: dirkclod
I don't have any problems connecting Assistant 2 to my Mavic Pros or Platinums. But, the forward and downward vision calibration won't work on a higher definition monitor.
If the calibration graphic doesn't fill the whole monitor, it won't work. For me, that means going upstairs to an office with an old 22" LCD monitor, or running it on an older notebook.

I don't have any problems connecting Assistant 2 to my Mavic Pros or Platinums. But, the forward and downward vision calibration won't work on a higher definition monitor.
If the calibration graphic doesn't fill the whole monitor, it won't work. For me, that means going upstairs to an office with an old 22" LCD monitor, or running it on an older notebook.
G Saunders thank u for giving me hope..
Ur saying that the 22 inch monitor worked and
Trying that will be my next step....

no worries here with to high of definition
Lol

If its any consolation, Assistant is a brute on my trusty old Mac laptop and won't download more recent flights - no I haven't flown since we went to tier 4

I had no issues and am on 27” 5K. The only issue I ever had was learning to be sure my moniter was not leaning back or forward
but had that on a old laptop with Windows 7. Figured that out and
has always worked fine.

Every single computer I have ever had running windows will load dji assistant 2
But once I actually plug it in the usb I have
NOTHING..
I can use those same USB ports for other apps and NEVER A PROBLEM..
I have tried at least a dozen different power cords and still nothing...
The assistant 2 program isn’t that complicated so why doesn’t a mid level laptop running windows 10 have the ability?
Everything else I load runs flawlessly..

I really need this cause I’m getting calibrate
Sensors and CANT CAUSE I NEED ASSISTANT 2....
I think It sucks big time..
Any ideas?
Thank u
Did you download the correct app?
I have Mavic 2 Pro and have no problem. Here is the icon app I use, and the DJI.com>Support>Mavic 2 videos -see attached file. Try installing the app and re-installing it.Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.56.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.58.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.58.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.56.30 AM.png

Now the screen size is holding me up.
Keeps saying enter computer screen size.
It’s a laptop but from where to where do I measure.
17 inch size and none worked
Yeah I was thinking the laptop screens don't work for vision sensor calibration. I has to be a desktop screen for some reason.

Every single computer I have ever had running windows will load dji assistant 2
But once I actually plug it in the usb I have
NOTHING..
I can use those same USB ports for other apps and NEVER A PROBLEM..
I have tried at least a dozen different power cords and still nothing...
The assistant 2 program isn’t that complicated so why doesn’t a mid level laptop running windows 10 have the ability?
Everything else I load runs flawlessly..

I really need this cause I’m getting calibrate
Sensors and CANT CAUSE I NEED ASSISTANT 2....
I think It sucks big time..
Any ideas?
Thank u
hello, I had the same problem with my MPP. After several attemps and a lot of reading I found out that I had to download a different version. The one that works for me is "DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.5.exe". It is available on DJI website

I went through the exact same thing you are going through and realized it was the cable. There’s a specific cable that came with the SC and only it works for firmware upgrades. 63A94208-CB1B-4B40-8E88-5EED9C4628DB.jpeg

Oh, I 'm stumped then sorry.
I would think the exe is the correct one, the zip probably just contains a compressed version of the exe.
I just tried my M2P and assistant 2, started the assistant 2 on Wndows 7 and let it boot then switched on the M2P and connected it and it appeared on the Assitant 2 window.
I can't remember if I have it on Windows 10, sorry
I know that with the MM you have to start the assistant and then switch on the MM and connect it to the computer with in xy seconds of switching the MM on.
But I think you have already tried that
Think of the .zip file as just an envelope someone sends to you that contains “all” of the files you need to run an application. When you double-click it, you’ll typically have some built in PC application that will “unzip” it, and allow you to put them all into a new folder so you can see them. Individually...the .exe file will be one of them. The.exe, aka “executable”, is typically the one you will always click on to actually run the application.

ah I was thinking the laptop screens don't work for vision sensor calibration.
I used a laptop (Fujitsu AH530, 15" diagonal) to calibrate sensors on either an M2p or an M2Z, it is awkward but it was possible. Ended up with the laptop WIDE open and at maximum tilt on a lap-stand.

The cable requirement might be that it is a USB 3 rated cable (Blue core in the big plug I think).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
If you have access try it on a Mac.
I installed DJI Assistant on my Macbook Pro (MacOS 10.14.6) recently and, luckily, I'd backed up about an hour before because my laptop wouldn't start after the install - not even in Safe Mode. I had to restore it from the backup which took all night. I doubt I'll take a chance with DJI Assistant again...

The only issue I ever had was with cables. I use a DELL XPS 17 in. Laptop. I put aside 2 cables that work for sensor calibration and firmware uploads. I know one Assistant 2 is used for the M2Z and the other I use for the MA2 and Mini 2.

I installed DJI Assistant on my Macbook Pro (MacOS 10.14.6) recently and, luckily, I'd backed up about an hour before because my laptop wouldn't start after the install - not even in Safe Mode. I had to restore it from the backup which took all night. I doubt I'll take a chance with DJI Assistant again...
Doubt the DL caused that.... from an Apple/Mac user since 1978 Apple IIe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803