DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I hate the Air2s Gimbel Cover

Reactions: stevearends
Tried one like that, it scratched up the bottom of the camera and the clip in the middle holds way too firmly (had to sand that down a little) to the inside lip of the housing. Ended up just going back to the original especially after I installed the phantom Rain wetsuit which it won't work on.

Reactions: stevearends
I dislike how it seems to jam the gimbal.
I do like how it seems to pretty much lock the gimbal in place so it can't move.
Lufthansa wrecked my Mavic Pro a few years back - we had to take a puddle jumper and they insisted my camera bag go in the hold.
"We'll be careful". Hah...
Handled so roughly that the gimbal holder broke the back plate off the camera, the battery was ripped out buggering the right clip on the body and the battery bouncing around put dings in the front and back.
I fixed the clip with JB Weld (great stuff!) and got a replacement camera rear cover. All that and they wouldn't allow a claim for some mumbled reason.
So I appreciate the new gimbal covers that don't depend on the camera for an anchor point. Next time tho I WILL hand carry the drone onto the flight.

Tried one like that, it scratched up the bottom of the camera and the clip in the middle holds way too firmly (had to sand that down a little) to the inside lip of the housing. Ended up just going back to the original especially after I installed the phantom Rain wetsuit which it won't work on.
I had the same experience with one like that. I found it to be just as 'fiddly' to attach as the DJI cover. You still need to line up the gimbal like you do with the original DJI cover. I sent it back, why pay money for the same experience.

I've found that taking if off, you need to depress the back clip first then slide it off. When attaching it turn the drone upside down, line up the gimbal, secure at the front first, then the back. I noticed in the video demo that the poster still had to line up the new replacement cover to the gimbal. Also, when he was demonstrating the DJI cover, he was trying to take it off with the drone right side up, which only makes it more difficult as you can't reach the back clip of the cover in order to depress it first to release it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid