DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have just realised something rather disturbing.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Last year I bought a drone, it came with a tablet and from memory the original owner had removed the Go App and or reset the tablet. I will be checking this with them!.
The Go app is now on the tablet so I probably installed it.
I put the Go4 app on the tablet a while ago and the name that appears once I am logged in to the Go4 app is the usual gobbledygook.
However I have just noticed that the/my name when I am using the Go App is a common sense real name and not mine. Investigating I have just, using the tablet, been on the DJI Forum under the other persons login. I will be messaging the previous owner to let him know etc.

So somehow the login details survived the recollected removal of the app!!!!

I have noticed that when one and or perhaps more of the DJI control apps is removed its associated file structure is left behind and had to be manually removed by deleting the folders, I did this via my computer.

It makes me wonder if the login details could be stored in the file structure left behind?
As I said I will be messaging the previous owner to
a) see if they did in fact remove the app
b) explain any warnings they may have received about 'activity' on their accounts

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pelagic_one
Not so much disturbing, probably 99.9% of all software will leave configs, they often have an option to remove the app and delete all data. Reason? Most of the time people remove apps then reinstall them and having the data already there means it just carries on working.

OK - back to front question about this sort of thing.

I bought my Air used, how do I register it to me with DJI? Or is that done when you put the GoFly app on the tablet? I can't remember registering my name, but I did the test and got the number you pay up front for 3 years for... that is stuck on the drone. It is the DJI registering thing I don't know about. I have asked on the DJI page, but had no reply now, that was a couple of weeks ago, possibly longer, I have been out of action for a bit and only just getting back on my feet.

I have 2 M1P's that i bought used. When i go onto GO4 and look at flight records i see my name as well as the names of the previoud owners.

I had a similar thing happen with a new phone. When I got the note 9 I did a factory reset and my wife now has my previous note 8 handset with her existing sim. We did a hardwire transfer of her apps, contacts etc and everything looked good, but since then if she buys on Ebay the transaction is carried out in my name, although made from her Ebay account. It's as if the handset has retained my details - and the worst thing is that payments come from my registered card. Tried reinstalling the app, etc to no avail. Worst thing is the wife loves it!!!

• Love
Reactions: yogena and Sereinx
, but I did the test and got the number you pay up front for 3 years for

What number? If you are talking about the £9 CAA thing, that fee is for ONE year only and I think you get a new number 'next year' though of course we will be under the new scheme then, .......I think!

With regards to the drone I haven't had any problems gaining 'command of' any second hand drone. If you have forgotten you login details for an app would making a new account be a solution?

When i go onto GO4 and look at flight records i see my name as well as the names of the previoud owners.

Where precisely are you seeing the previous owners name?
If in the "Flight Record" under "Me" on the front page of the app that is probably the name the previous owner gave the drone and is stored on the drone and is in one or other or both of the flight logs created by the drone's 'black box' .txt & .DAT
You can change the name but I am not sure if the change of name is appied retroactively to all the logs belonging to that drone, BUT, I would be surprised if it was.

In my case the name I was concerned about was the one in the top section of the front page of the app that gave me access to DJI account of the previous owner, and NOT the name associated with the flight records or logs..

Last year I bought a drone, it came with a tablet and from memory the original owner had removed the Go App and or reset the tablet. I will be checking this with them!.
The Go app is now on the tablet so I probably installed it.
I put the Go4 app on the tablet a while ago and the name that appears once I am logged in to the Go4 app is the usual gobbledygook.
However I have just noticed that the/my name when I am using the Go App is a common sense real name and not mine. Investigating I have just, using the tablet, been on the DJI Forum under the other persons login. I will be messaging the previous owner to let him know etc.

So somehow the login details survived the recollected removal of the app!!!!

I have noticed that when one and or perhaps more of the DJI control apps is removed its associated file structure is left behind and had to be manually removed by deleting the folders, I did this via my computer.

It makes me wonder if the login details could be stored in the file structure left behind?
As I said I will be messaging the previous owner to
a) see if they did in fact remove the app
b) explain any warnings they may have received about 'activity' on their accounts

Way to go! I’ve owned 87dji drones. I’ve had several things like that happen.

I report them to Very important people. Strait up. No BS with proxy warriors.

This is AMERICA here. Not big on Fairytales and false narratives.

every suspected problem is now being directly reported.

Not political this is a security issue.

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago. I purchased a smart controller from an excellent company I regularly use. They have a policy whereby you can buy something (higher priced items) and if you don't like it you can return it. I know it sounds a bit odd but in fact I think it is a very good marketing model as the chances are that you will keep it rather than return it. So anyway I purchased my SC as a Class A return and it saved me £79.00. It was spotless, but when I received it it had been factory reset but when I went into log onto my DJI account it wouldn't let me. I then noticed that I was already logged in, but with the previous owners account. The fix was simple, just SIgn Out and then sign in with your own account. I made the company aware as they didn't realise the issue.

“This is AMERICA here. Not big on Fairytales and false narratives.”
That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a long, long time....
Now there is a Fairy tale if ever I heard one ?

Reactions: vetracer
“Way to go! I’ve owned 87dji drones. I’ve had several things like that happen....”

Only 87? I had 189 DJI drones and I’ve never had things like that happen. Heck, I guess I’m not that interesting...

Seriously, I’ve had a couple of preowned units and reconfigured many P3, 4 and various Mavic models for others and I’ve not had a single issue with previous owners credentials showing up. I think its previous or current UE which cause these problems.

Reactions: Badgersurfer
“Way to go! I’ve owned 87dji drones. I’ve had several things like that happen....”

Only 87? I had 189 DJI drones and I’ve never had things like that happen. Heck, I guess I’m not that interesting...

Seriously, I’ve had a couple of preowned units and reconfigured many P3, 4 and various Mavic models for others and I’ve not had a single issue with previous owners credentials showing up. I think its previous or current UE which cause these problems.

That's nothing compared to me, I have had 986 drones and lost everyone.....
(Acme Bee Keepers Inc)

Badgersurfer you are to be commended for your devotion to your hobby, continuing in the face of such adversity. It's exactly this 'never-say-die' attitude that made Britain great.You truly deserve the Golden Button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure