DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just bought the Ruko R111 Remote ID Module, here is my first impression!

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
I bought the Ruko R111 FAA Compliant Remote ID Module for Drone for $39.99 with a $5.00 discount coupon, now $34.99 and I included the 2-year Assurion Protection Coverage for $3.99 and it comes with Free shipping from Amazon… Total Price $41.43… (Sales Tax…)

I posted about this…

I originally posted a question asking if anyone had any experience with this Unit on this and other Drone Web Sites and I did not get any replies…

When I found this sale, I ordered it and I also posted that information and then I ordered it Tuesday evening, 23 July, and it arrived this afternoon, 27 July. I did not pay for any special handling, just chose the Free Shipping…

This unit was sold at the RuKo Store on Amazon and I chose to order it this way because the Roku Web Site and eBay did not offer any "Insurance Policy"… Only Amazon offered the Assurion Protection package.

Bottom Line… I am impressed with it… Here is what arrived…

What's in the box… The Booklet and the plastic case…

1 ruko.jpg

Opening the package up further, you will find the Ruko RID Module, USB-C Changing Cable, two sets of Velcro (two loop, two hook…), eight Wire-Ties, a removable mount, and the User Manual…

2 ruko.jpg

A photo of the Ruko Unit as compared to various coins…

3 ruko.jpg

And a photo it the Ruko Unit placed on my Mini 2 for effect… I have not yet decided on its permanent location, I will play with placement to ensure it does not interfere with GPS or Control Signals.

4 ruko.jpg

Setting up the unit and binding it is so simple and easy…

As a simple test, I placed The Unit in my back yard in the Gazebo and walked down the block about 500-feet. I turned on the Ruko App on my Android Moto G Smart Phone and in about 30-seconds, the app picked up the signal from the RID Module. This was not line of sight, the module was in the back yard and I was down the street and there were several two-story homes between me and the unit… I am impressed and disheartened…

Impressed because it is rated for 5-hours of use, so if my drone goes down and the battery in the drone dies or the drone is disabled, the RID Module will still show me the location of the drone…
Disheartened because Karen and Kevin will also have that same location available to them…

I also placed the smart phone down and then took the Module for a walk and the wife saw the Dot moving away and back but it did not show a "blue line" for the track as I have seen in other apps. Perhaps I need to play some more…

One point is the RID Registration Number on the RID Module is a "Printed Paper Label" on its side… That is not very secure nor long lasting. I imagine it will smudge or wear off quickly… I photographed it…

Bottom line, I am glad I bought this and if I need two or more, I would order them now from the Amazon Ruko Store. 5-Stars!

Reactions: Lens
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FCFRIEDMANN