DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just do not understand

K5423

Reactions
For the life of me I do not understand how so many people are so hostile towards DJI for the Mavic delay.Most likely they are working out bugs.I for one maybe should be upset because I sold my Phantom 3 last week and now have no drone for my Thanksgiving vacation where I wanted to get killer aerial shots/videos.I ordered my Mavic on the 14th from Amazon.Ship date says Nov 15th but I do not believe it.If DJI called me up and said they would rush me out my Mavic ASAP but it might be buggy or I could wait until January for a bug free bird I would wait until January no questions asked.I want bug free and reliability before anything else and waiting a little longer for it is well worth it.Please stop being upset and let DJI get it right.After all it's for your own good(and your wallets)anyway.My $.2

Reactions: clackey
Yup good point. Patience is virtue ! I get why people are selling their older models but again thats on their own discretion, things happen, delays happen and eventually the product is released.
Also DJI has been around and is one of the most reputable drone manufacturers in the industry so that takes out 99% of the worry factor, unlike some kickstarter projects that end up as vaporware.

I purchased the lily drone back in Feb 2015 and have yet to see it. Imagine the patience needed for that piece of junk.

I purchased the lily drone back in Feb 2015 and have yet to see it. Imagine the patience needed for that piece of junk.
Wow what's up with that? How come it's delayed till that extent?

People are upset because of the lack of transparency. It's really just that simple. Provide an honest reason for the delay & a realistic date when users can expect shipment. It isn't like DJI doesn't know what's happening on their own production line.

For the life of me I do not understand how so many people are so hostile towards DJI for the Mavic delay.Most likely they are working out bugs.I for one maybe should be upset because I sold my Phantom 3 last week and now have no drone for my Thanksgiving vacation where I wanted to get killer aerial shots/videos.I ordered my Mavic on the 14th from Amazon.Ship date says Nov 15th but I do not believe it.If DJI called me up and said they would rush me out my Mavic ASAP but it might be buggy or I could wait until January for a bug free bird I would wait until January no questions asked.I want bug free and reliability before anything else and waiting a little longer for it is well worth it.Please stop being upset and let DJI get it right.After all it's for your own good(and your wallets)anyway.My $.2

Wait... I'm confused. If DJI is in mass production of the Mavic, how would they give you a special version that is buggy? (Unless they are insinuating that all versions that they are sending to customers are buggy, or if existing production firmware is buggy)

It does seem all too plausible that the launch date was brought forward to deflate gopro Karma when they knew full well there was no way pre-orders could be going out on "15th October".
But people ought to know getting stroppy and impatient isn't going to make any difference other than make them look like spoiled kids .. unless delays go on for weeks yet (!)

It would be much better if DJI gave a more specific reason why things have not gone to plan instead of the statement which seemed to say can't send any out yet because we have more orders than expected.
Which seems devoid of any logic.

People, just take a chill pill, it was a firmware issue, nothing more. Just check the release notes on the v01.02.0800 firmware release on the 21st, it plainly shows a RTH update for launching from indoors and a GPS signal loss issue. They really would not want thousands of Mavic's doing fly away's due to those things. I for one and grateful the testers found the issues and they are being fixed before shipping. This is the second firmware update so far.

It does seem all too plausible that the launch date was brought forward to deflate gopro Karma when they knew full well there was no way pre-orders could be going out on "15th October".
But people ought to know getting stroppy and impatient isn't going to make any difference other than make them look like spoiled kids .. unless delays go on for weeks yet (!)

It would be much better if DJI gave a more specific reason why things have not gone to plan instead of the statement which seemed to say can't send any out yet because we have more orders than expected.
Which seems devoid of any logic.

This kind of true.. because I remember I pre-ordered a karma as I didnt know about the Mavic until a friend mentioned it to me.. then after seeing all the features and other great things about it I cancelled the Karma and got the Mavic... Marketing strategies and timing.. .

My first few flights will be very close and not very high.I studied the manual and watched a gizzilion youtube videos for my Phantom 3 for a month while it sat in the box.Never crashed once and pushed that bird to it's limits.I wanted more though and the Mavic seems to fit the bill.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Remember the P4 and how so many people were upset that Apple stores were selling it before those who pre-ordered it got theirs. And it wasn't just a day or two earlier.

For me, I'm disappointed. I placed my order on the 29th without paying, and was led to believe that my spot in line would be reserved. Then, I paid on the 11th. I thought everything was okay as the order date online was the 29th, but it turned out that the payment date was actually what they were basing it on.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

For me, I'm disappointed. I placed my order on the 29th without paying, and was led to believe that my spot in line would be reserved. Then, I paid on the 11th. I thought everything was okay as the order date online was the 29th, but it turned out that the payment date was actually what they were basing it on.

That sucks .. but why wouldnt you have paid for it in the first place ? I see DJI point.. no money no honey !!!

That sucks .. but why wouldnt you have paid for it in the first place ? I see DJI point.. no money no honey !!!

No, it makes sense and I totally would've expected that it would be based on the time that I paid... But I was led to believe otherwise. As a result, I delayed paying for a while until I was 100% sure I wanted to buy it. Looking back, I should've just bought it and cancelled had I wanted to, but it's still annoying. I understand, I just wish their system was clearer.

Why can I even place an order without paying? And why does the order date show up as the 29th if that's not what counts?

Oh well.

I wouldn't say I'm hostile but let me give you my perspective. I have a month long trip planned to travel to South Africa with my wife. When the Mavic was announced I was two days from ordering a phantom 4. Taking DJI at their word I decided to order the Mavic pro. The only information I had to make my 1200 dollar decision on is the ship date. I then contacted my dealer and they agreed they could make the dates so that my drone arrives before I depart (as long as DJI ships when they say they will). Now I understand delays happen but as you can see it's extremely important to be transparent as it greatly affects my plans. What cannot happen is that I have a expensive drone sitting on my doorstep for anyone to take while I'm gone for a month. Also I will be without a drone when I could have gotten a in stock P4 for the trip.

I wouldn't say I'm hostile but let me give you my perspective. I have a month long trip planned to travel to South Africa with my wife. When the Mavic was announced I was two days from ordering a phantom 4. Taking DJI at their word I decided to order the Mavic pro. The only information I had to make my 1200 dollar decision on is the ship date. I then contacted my dealer and they agreed they could make the dates so that my drone arrives before I depart (as long as DJI ships when they say they will). Now I understand delays happen but as you can see it's extremely important to be transparent as it greatly affects my plans. What cannot happen is that I have a expensive drone sitting on my doorstep for anyone to take while I'm gone for a month. Also I will be without a drone when I could have gotten a in stock P4 for the trip.

Post your address here and I will have the parcel picked up and stored for you for free. But I may take your Mavic for a test flight or two.

You know this is karma (not the GoPro one)... I think your wife must have prayed .. please lord keep the drone away so I have time with my hubby for this month long lovely trip... away from all (gadgety) distractions ... So look at the bright side.. you get to spend quality time with the mrs.. But jokes aside.. stuff like this happens.. and what if you got the P4 then you end up missing out on the mavic and feeling worse..

You know this is karma (not the GoPro one)... I think your wife must have prayed .. please lord keep the drone away so I have time with my hubby for this month long lovely trip... away from all (gadgety) distractions ... So look at the bright side.. you get to spend quality time with the mrs.. But jokes aside.. stuff like this happens.. and what if you got the P4 then you end up missing out on the mavic and feeling worse..
I agree, let's look at this logically hang around with my wife (who I love) all day and visit her family ooooor slip out and fly the drone on the beach. Hard decision but I'll just say please ups man, get me my drone.. hahah... We don't leave until December 3rd so here's hopeing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo