DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I JUST READ ABOUT THE NEW (DJI MINI-SE) COMING OUT AND THIS IS NO JOKE OR FAKE NEWS!!!

Nobody's mentioned this, so I will. Is it possible that all the rumblings about a new Mini 3 where actually about this?

I do agree that the Pro 3 or whatever it's called will be not too far off. And that would be what I would think of as a real 'new product launch'.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
There are so few people out there causing havoc compared to the number of people flying drones.
This is really good news as if there were a real problem , this would not be happening.

But what it does mean is that DJI Refresh is going to be really busy soon enough. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain .
Hi, why not create e NEW forum for Mini SE?

I bought the original Mavic Mini and now on my 3rd DJI drone so DJI obviously know whenever they offer a cheap high quality drone, down the track, when you’re got the drone bug consumers move on to pricier higher end drones eventually. A clever marketing ploy in my opinion.

I bought the original Mavic Mini and now on my 3rd DJI drone so DJI obviously know whenever they offer a cheap high quality drone, down the track, when you’re got the drone bug consumers move on to pricier higher end drones eventually. A clever marketing ploy in my opinion.
The Mini has a 4K camera, but DJI management decided it was a "clever marketing ploy" to limit it to 2.7K. That camera system has the built-in AI software to recognize and track objects, but management decided that not supporting ActiveTrack was a "clever marketing ploy." Likewise, the Mini is fully capable of autonomous navigation -- e.g. RTH -- but not supporting waypoint missions was a "clever marketing ploy." I have no objection whatsoever to companies offering cheaper versions of their top-of-the-line products, but finding out that you've paid for hardware that's been deliberately crippled so as not to compete with those products, "clever" isn't the word that comes to my mind.

The Mini has a 4K camera, but DJI management decided it was a "clever marketing ploy" to limit it to 2.7K. That camera system has the built-in AI software to recognize and track objects, but management decided that not supporting ActiveTrack was a "clever marketing ploy." Likewise, the Mini is fully capable of autonomous navigation -- e.g. RTH -- but not supporting waypoint missions was a "clever marketing ploy." I have no objection whatsoever to companies offering cheaper versions of their top-of-the-line products, but finding out that you've paid for hardware that's been deliberately crippled so as not to compete with those products, "clever" isn't the word that comes to my mind.
Yeah Brother I think they have a brilliant marketing team that is for sure and it was mentioned a few posts back that they were clearing out overstock basically which makes perfect sense cuz there's no telling how many drones they had made when the pandemic hit so what better way to sell off remaining stock by tweaking the name just a little bit and saying that it is a new model and selling it for a reasonable cheaper price and it really doesn't matter to DJI anyways I think because they know that they have the best drones out there hands down and I don't see any other drone companies knocking them off of the mountain anytime soon or later! God Bless You Brother ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

The Mavic Mini isn't discontinued as posted in a previous post. The Mavic Mini is also sold at this price in a refurbished listing (most know this is new anyway). So I really don't see what the whole thing is with a re-marketed of this thing is sans the "New" remote offered?? A whole lot of nothing to see here IMHO. :p

I think Walmart will be lucky that their return policy is only for 15 days on most electronics. Otherwise I could see a lot of unprepared noobs blaming their fresh new Mini-SE for striking an object or other user-error destruction and insisting Walmart replace it.?

I think Walmart will be lucky that their return policy is only for 15 days on most electronics. Otherwise I could see a lot of unprepared noobs blaming their fresh new Mini-SE for striking an object or other user-error destruction and insisting Walmart replace it.?
"MOST DEFINITELY"!!! LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ? WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FLYING A DRONE! GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER ✝️✝️✝️ SINCERELY CLAY B.

Having that new-style controller might be a plus. I might start looking for a used Mini-SE controller on Ebay..

Rick from Drone Valley had a speculation video on it. He has a channel on YouTube. His POV was that DJI was shooting for putting a drone in-between the Tello and Mini / 2.

My guess it that maybe DJI has a stock of Minis to sell but not enough RCs, so rather than make more, they're using the Mini 2's RC but with the Mini's tx/rx and firmware. But whatever the reason/marketing strategy, the price makes it the best value in its price range, by a long shot.

Reactions: simigreg
Absolutely no!
Cheap drones do not cause havoc. Irresponsible people do. Laws and regulations need to address the irresponsible individual, not the drone. I cannot speak for other countries, but the drone is already held to a standard in order to be legally sold in the US. Why should the, overwhelmingly responsible, drone pilots pay the price for the damage caused by irresponsible, selfish individuals who won't follow laws and regulations anyway? A problem is very seldom the fault of item being misused.

Whether one can afford a technology or not, has no bearing on whether that person will use the tech responsibly or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jam0ne and Fixit
It's typical DJI stab the buyer Protocol - Since they are not getting the low end sales market buyers for their drones since DJI is 100% over-priced, they instead come out with the so-called Mini SE for $299 and stab all the loyal buyers who paid $500 for the same exact drone.

Fly Safe - Mike

• Haha
Reactions: Jam0ne
Cheap drones do not cause havoc. Irresponsible people do. Laws and regulations need to address the irresponsible individual, not the drone. I cannot speak for other countries, but the drone is already held to a standard in order to be legally sold in the US. Why should the, overwhelmingly responsible, drone pilots pay the price for the damage caused by irresponsible, selfish individuals who won't follow laws and regulations anyway? A problem is very seldom the fault of item being misused.

Whether one can afford a technology or not, has no bearing on whether that person will use the tech responsibly or not.
You’re absolutely correct, it’s almost always the operator and not the drone. However, I would argue that with a cheaper buy-in into the DJI drone world will see more irresponsible people flying Resulting in tougher rules as mentioned earlier,

Reactions: Mike Mas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143