DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum.

I will do that. Thank you for the suggestions!

PS: Also to try to set your max hight/altitude of the drone. As a beginner dont get over 30m. As a pro maybe set it to 100m. Everything else you would not be able to see anymore and where the drone moves. This also avoids higher winds what are hard to predict.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
PS: Also to try to set your max hight/altitude of the drone. As a beginner dont get over 30m. As a pro maybe set it to 100m. Everything else you would not be able to see anymore and where the drone moves. This also avoids higher winds what are hard to predict.
30m is too low, you need the RTH altitude to be higher than any trees while factoring in any ground elevation changes.

Last edited:
30m is too low, you need the RTH altitude to be higher than any trees while factoring in any ground elevation changes.

30m is for beginner and to learn about flight controls/ sticks. It is recomended in the app.

I would eventually not fly over trees and stuff, maybe just grass :) When used to the controls go to 100-130m. 100m is max in Germany by law. Any higher you lose insurance. They have a point because it can easy be out of sight then. Just my recommendation but everyone can choose whatever :)

Hello to PDX btw Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Because it was two miles away and it would have lost connection.
While possible, not necessarily. It would depend on the layout of the flight area. If no trees or buildings to obstruct the VLOS, then signal, while not at 5 bars could be 2 or 3 which would have been a good time to return.

OP when you finally saw your drone was 2 miles away and still moving away ,why didn’t you drop it down low and fly it back . The higher you go the more wind there is . Just asking ?
that happened to me got up in high winds with my platinum I had to drop down to just above tree tops height to drop into lower wind speeds mine was 290ft up 450 yards away over a lake. I was ready to jump into my nephews truck bed and get
closer but once I dropped altitude it came back ok
I hope you find it your GPS should GET you close?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quakzopas