DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum.

It was upside down, dirty, and soaking wet. I have DJI care refresh so I’m going to contact them tomorrow and get a new one!
Before you send it to DJI, you might want to put it in a jar and pour rice all over it. I watched a video once where a guy did that and it worked. He let it sit for a few days, pulled it out of the jar, and it started up. Of course you might need a new or recharged battery, but heck, if that works, you save a care refresh exchange and the hassell of sending it to DJI.

I just wanted to ad a few more things. First of all, aren't you glad you posted this event, where some of the "top dogs", gave you some great info, where you could find your drone. I've learned more from these kind of posts, than you can shake a stick at. Here's were the rubber hits the road, where the more advanced pilots can read the data and give good advice. But, don't sell yourself short. I believe with enough effort, you and I could learn some of this stuff too, and then maybe, we could help too. One last thing is, you might consider a tracking device. I have a Marco Polo, and it works very well. There's plenty of posts about it, so I won't describe it again. Don't calibrate your drone anywhere near metal or places of interference. Always check IMU and compass before you start your flight. Good luck, and there's plenty of helpful videos on youtube also. Marc.

Last edited:
Based on the battery depletion rate and wind speed altitude profile, it looks like it will have commenced autoland at around 945 seconds. Extrapolating drift rate assuming an airspeed of around 20 mph in RTH and a descent rate of 3 m/s gives the following:
MATE YOUR WORK IS EXCEPIONAL , I HOPE I CAN USE YOU IF I EVER HAVE A ISSUE, VERY IMPRESSIVE.
View attachment 57254

That gives an estimate landing distance of 5250 meters from the home point. Since the aircraft was able to hold course but not distance, we can assume that it was approximately moving directly away from the home point in the final RTH phase, which puts the estimated landing site as shown below.

View attachment 57253

And that is why I have set my max alt to 65mtr and never let it out of my sight 2k is too much money to lose. By the way did original post find his drone?? Some very fine work from a member on here ,,cudo's to you sir.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
While I agree at that altitude, it's reckless flying, way above what would be allowed legally here, I am wondering why DJI does not have a software update warning of possible "High Winds" when a drone drifts off with no stick movements are made after a certain period of time. It seems it would be a simple fix for those who do not think about higher winds than are at ground level.
I defiantly get high wind warnings from my Mavic Pro. I often ignore them but always reflect on where I am and battery life, ability to descend and return or land etc so I have options. Watch tree tops carefully.

And that is why I have set my max alt to 65mtr and never let it out of my sight 2k is too much money to lose. By the way did original post find his drone?? Some very fine work from a member on here ,,cudo's to you sir.
Gav - You in the US? State besides California?
Statefarm is your friend if so.

632809c968d486189d64b03f5eda4298.jpg

I got my new replacement Mavic today!

Reactions: BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007