DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum.

I’m happy to report that I found it![emoji16] Thank you all for all your help and support! A big thank you to sar104!
No surprise at all, sar104 has led the rescue of many drones. My only worry was it looked like maybe there was a small pond or large puddle next to where he said it would be.

Now that I have it back, is there anything that I need to know about drones and the laws for them?
Make sure you fly within the view of sign... Never go over a mile. Specially you that is a newbie. Be aware all the time of the weather condition and specially the wind and rain. I never since I started with drones, have an accident in which I lose a drone. You have to practice common sense when you want to fly. This is all for security purposes.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Make sure you fly within the view of sign... Never go over a mile. Specially you that is a newbie. Be aware all the time of the weather condition and specially the wind and rain. I never since I started with drones, have an accident in which I lose a drone. You have to practice common sense when you want to fly. This is all for security purposes.

I will do that. Thank you for the suggestions!

Reactions: macoman
That method of finding drones is insanely accurate! It was within 300 feet of the estimated location!

Glad to hear that you found it. Can you post the map image showing approximately where it landed? That would be helpful for me to figure out in which direction the estimate was off.

036fa8c89441ed1bbca4060bdb60f441.jpg

Reactions: AirMav
The circled point is your estimated location, and the other point is about where I found it.

Thanks. Range was off by 50 meters, wind direction was off by 10°. I was worried about the lack of a really consistent wind speed and direction as I mentioned previously. It was actually heading in exactly that direction at the end of the flight log, but I went with an averaged wind direction instead. I should at least have included the final track as a solution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911