DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I may of save myself a lot of money today!

DonRH

Premium Pilot
Reactions
It's been too cold to fly the last couple of weeks so today was a lot nicer and I just went out in the yard to get the dust off and work the batteries down. I ended up hot rodding around the yard way too low for want I was doing and clipped a tree limb. The MA2 shook a little but never really stalled and didn't fall. I went ahead and brought it to me and gave it an inspection (while still hovering) my mistake. It looked ok and flew just fine so with 40% battery left, up it went to @ 325' flew a another 10 minutes then decided to bring it home.

Glad I did that..took a closed look after it shut down and found one of the tips of the propellers was chipped off on the end.
After removing the left side propellers I found that the retainer holding it in was also broken off.
Glad it hung on..

Attachments

• IMG_3310.jpeg
    IMG_3310.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3311.jpeg
    IMG_3311.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
Too cold? Day before yesterday I did a short flight at -30F. A few weeks ago did a half dozen flights at -20F to -5. Just how far north are you?? LOL

It's been too cold to fly the last couple of weeks so today was a lot nicer and I just went out in the yard to get the dust off and work the batteries down. I ended up hot rodding around the yard way too low for want I was doing and clipped a tree limb. The MA2 shook a little but never really stalled and didn't fall. I went ahead and brought it to me and gave it an inspection (while still hovering) my mistake. It looked ok and flew just fine so with 40% battery left, up it went to @ 325' flew a another 10 minutes then decided to bring it home.

Glad I did that..took a closed look after it shut down and found one of the tips of the propellers was chipped off on the end.
After removing the left side propellers I found that the retainer holding it in was also broken off.
Glad it hung on..
Any contact with an object should be a requirement to stop the drone, inspect fully, and if all is well - then fly again. Taking risks is part of life, but this was not really necessary. My Air2 has clipped tree limbs before and recovered very nicely and I was lucky - no prop damage. Such a cheap item to replace versus a $750 drone.

Free lessons are the best.

Glad it hung on..
I always wonder about the plastic makeup of the retaining clips. I often check the fixings to the motor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi