DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I messed up...

I didn't realize that when you said "it became unresponsive and flew into the concrete" that the concrete was the sidewalk. I thought it had crashed into a building! Anyway, the guys have already told you the problem. It would be kinda cool to look at the DAT just to see what the motor speeds/current draw were.
Here are the results of your flight.
As you can see, you didn't end up reversing throttle until about two seconds before it landed which is probably why it didn't seem to slow down. Also landing protection was disabled, so it wasn't using the VPS system. I messed up graph.PNG

I messed up....PNG

I thought that also, but the more I thought about it - the mavic still should have been able to respond to my upward thrust despite the downward sensors.

Downward sensors don't effect upward thrust.

In order to insure solid, reliable flight, you would have to purposely, consciously access the Visual Navigation Settings and consciously disable Obstacle Avoidance. I didn't go to kolij or anything, but I would guess an item swinging 3' below the sensors would absolutely effect the flight characteristics of a vehicle governed by downward-facing sensors. Based on the available data, it seems you DID disable OA.

Reactions: stuckinbis
Wow, unlucky mate! I’ve had many a ‘seemed like a good idea at the time’ moments but none as expensive at that!

Reactions: stuckinbis
I didn't realize that when you said "it became unresponsive and flew into the concrete" that the concrete was the sidewalk. I thought it had crashed into a building! Anyway, the guys have already told you the problem. It would be kinda cool to look at the DAT just to see what the motor speeds/current draw were.
Here are the results of your flight.
As you can see, you didn't end up reversing throttle until about two seconds before it landed which is probably why it didn't seem to slow down. Also landing protection was disabled, so it wasn't using the VPS system. View attachment 39008

View attachment 39009

You guys got all his battery %, etc from that? God bless you. I can’t make heads or tails of that, but then again I don’t know what the heck I’m looking at :D

Wasn't it possible to just pick it up and then fly straight down?
Where did you land your first Mavic? On Burj Dubai so it took so long to fly it back? ;)

Update...

I had written the mavic off. I figured it was a loss and best move on. BUT... I just got a call... They were doing maintenance on the building roof and got my mavic down. So I ran to get it and crossed my fingers. As they gave it to me (me continuously thanking/apologizing), they said that they had turned it on and it seemed to fire up for a second before the battery died. I cringed inside, hoping that there was no further damage (it's been out in the rain for 6+ weeks now). I got home and disassembled and put it in a large container with a dehumidifier. After completely drying, I reassembled and crossed my fingers... It seems fine! I flew it back and forth around my yard (not going any significant distance yet of course), and it's working great! No fog on the lens and all operations work flawlessly. Thanks to God and a huge lessoned learned, but all is good!

I love it when a plan comes together!! Here, hold my beer and watch this............. Sorry man, I had to. :)

Reactions: genesimmons
very cool ending to your story, the mavic is a beast! if you get one from a good production run :)

Reactions: genesimmons
how badly damaged was the 2nd mavic, awsome u got it back, good on the maintence guys,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan