DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need help locating my Mavic 2

I hate to tell you that that is absolutely not the home point. The home point is much further up the hill. If you look at the arc of the path above it, where it actually does a slight turn to the east, right over the home point. That's where I took off and headed South. Maybe it took it some time to establish a home point. That's the only thing I can think of.

DJI wrote me this morning and said that there was no RTH. I asked why. I guess it may be that it crashed before RTH could kick in. Sometime between video signal loss and at or right after radio signal loss, it hit the trees.
I hate to tell you but you launched and flew off at high speed before you had full GPS reception and the Mavic could record a home point.
Your drone did not record a home point until 0:31.6 seconds and there is no data recorded for where you launched from.
The recorded homepoint is where the drone would have aimed for when it initiated RTH after losing signal.
Here is what your flight data looks like:

i-KpTK9Ck-XL.jpg

Where the drone lost signal, it would have been quite close to ground level with a 200 ft high ridge between the drone and the recorded homepoint.
The RTH height was set at 100 ft and the drone was already higher than this so it would not have climbed any higher to come home.
If you pushed the RTH button, it was after signal was lost so that would have had no effect.
Soon after losing signal the drone would have initiated RTH but there is no record of this because signal was blocked by the terrain.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I hate to tell you that that is absolutely not the home point. The home point is much further up the hill. If you look at the arc of the path above it, where it actually does a slight turn to the east, right over the home point. That's where I took off and headed South. Maybe it took it some time to establish a home point. That's the only thing I can think of.

DJI wrote me this morning and said that there was no RTH. I asked why. I guess it may be that it crashed before RTH could kick in. Sometime between video signal loss and at or right after radio signal loss, it hit the trees.

As @Meta4 pointed out, that's because you launched without waiting for a position lock and a recorded home point. You had only 7 satellites locked and a GPS level of zero until 31.2 seconds, when the satellite count went to 8. At 32.7 seconds the GPS level went to 3 and the GPSused flag was set to true. At 35.1 seconds the home point was recorded, by which time the aircraft was at the location shown as the home point in the post #19.

However, that had no effect on the outcome of the flight, which is still that you flew it into the trees.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Seems to be another example of hurry up and fly regardless of how it should have been done.
Unfortunate.
Some lessons are a bit costly.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Of all the threads to read every post, I chose this one ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots