DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need help w/ my gimbal

jobethmartin

Reactions
So I am new to the forum i hope i am doing this correctly. I have MA2 and i have had it for two yrs never crashed it till a year ago and how it crashed was it fell 100 ft in the air to the ground snapped the gimbal wire in half and so i bought another cord or wire put it all back together so all I need now is the part on top where the battery makes a connection to the drone both sides is cracked I am still able to fly but it says front vision sensor error but when i am in mid-flight i can't control the gimbal and while up in mid-flight my gimbal is loose feeling like it goes everywhere rather than stay stabilized. I need help please i can post a video of what it looks like.

Reactions: RodPad
Welcome to the forum!
Yes, definitely post some pictures and videos and I’m sure people here will try their best to help. 👍

I will do my best but yes I need pics and a little more info I will say first: DO NOT fly that drone. it sounds as if you have some bad connections as well ( probably caused in the crash ).

Reactions: RodPad and dozzn
"I need help please i can post a video of what it looks like."

I guess we missed the last sentence.

You can upload photos to this thread. Videos you post like on YouTube etc, then post a link here.

Rod ..

See this link
From your description it sounds like you have not carried out a successful repair to the gimbal and the sensor error is going to cause other problems.

Does the gimbal do its dance on startup?

So I am new to the forum i hope i am doing this correctly. I have MA2 and i have had it for two yrs never crashed it till a year ago and how it crashed was it fell 100 ft in the air to the ground snapped the gimbal wire in half and so i bought another cord or wire put it all back together so all I need now is the part on top where the battery makes a connection to the drone both sides is cracked I am still able to fly but it says front vision sensor error but when i am in mid-flight i can't control the gimbal and while up in mid-flight my gimbal is loose feeling like it goes everywhere rather than stay stabilized. I need help please i can post a video of what it looks like.

See this link
From your description it sounds like you have not carried out a successful repair to the gimbal and the sensor error is going to cause other problems.

Does the gimbal do its dance on startup?
you mean when the gimbal twirls around? yes she does the dance ill record what all ma2 does via tablet then i will post a video of what does does through her eyes.. thank you guys so very much in helping me out. I am literally lost in what to do.

You need a new board-- The one the camera plugs into. you most likely chipped off a tab or some solder in the crash: $20.00 U.S. -Ebay "Mavic 2 Gimble Board"

1689615401180.png
You can also get the battery part as well. On the Mavic pro 1 the front sensors also plug into this board not sure about the 2

Last edited:
So that is what i will have to do is post on youtube and come here and give you guys a link, thank you. So i also one of you said it would be nice to see what the drone looks like i am going to post a video but heres the link to one fothe videos.
i am also trying to be as discriptive as i can be so you guys can help me.

So i had to upload it and i did have to change it from private to unlisted. So i hope not everyone can view the video.https://youtu.be/OIwkSQNWi7g

You need a new board-- The one the camera plugs into. you most likely chipped off a tab or some solder in the crash: $20.00 U.S. -Ebay "Mavic 2 Gimble Board"

View attachment 166189
You can also get the battery part as well. On the Mavic pro 1 the front sensors also plug into this board not sure about the 2
The brain of the gimbal?

Reactions: RodPad and Cafguy
So i had to upload it and i did have to change it from private to unlisted. So i hope not everyone can view the video.https://youtu.be/OIwkSQNWi7g
Works, anybody that has this link can view it and share it with others. If somebody looks for it on your channel they are not going to see it.

I'm still lost on this stuff, day by day!

Rod ..

Reactions: jobethmartin
Works, anybody that has this link can view it and share it with others. If somebody looks for it on your channel they are not going to see it.

I'm still lost on this stuff, day by day!

Rod ..
thank you that is helpful. So what did you think of the video? i am going to post a short video on what the drone looks like. and what the codes its giving as well so it gives everyone a better perspective on things.

I actually had not watched the video, because I wouldn't know what to tell you. Now that I did I looked at your location, I thought you might be near my house.

I assume if its that board, there isn't going to be any codes, somebody will correct me if I'm wrong and I don't know why you need to post pictures or video of the drone?

Rod ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N