DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro gimbal wheel on my controller stopped working while I was in flight.

Andrej Mavic

Reactions
My gimbal wheel stopped to work on controller (not smart cont.) while I was flying my mavic 2 pro. I returned to home point and since then I am not able to control my gimbal with the wheel on my remote control. Even when I go to gimbal callibration blue lines are missing while I am trying to move it from right to left. I didnt upgrade the software before the problem occured. What should i do? is there anything I can do before I buy a new controller or I take to the service center? Thank you in advance.

My gimbal wheel stopped to work on controller (not smart cont.) while I was flying my mavic 2 pro. I returned to home point and since then I am not able to control my gimbal with the wheel on my remote control. Even when I go to gimbal callibration blue lines are missing while I am trying to move it from right to left. I didnt upgrade the software before the problem occured. What should i do? is there anything I can do before I buy a new controller or I take to the service center? Thank you in advance.
The RC1A/B controller is easy enough to disassemble and there are loads of YouTube videos to walk you through the process.
Why not try a bit of DIY before you fork out a frankly ludicrous sum for a second hand controller where you are more than likely to be inheriting the undisclosed problem that prompted the seller to flog it in the first place.
EBAY will be your friend here: search for RC1A or RC1B controller gimbal wheel and I'll bet you get a few hits. The equivalent to £10 or £15 should solve the fault.
An even simpler thing to try is to buy an aerosol tin of switch cleaner and give the inside of the wheel a few blasts, work the wheel backwards and forwards through its arc of traverse and then souse it again. Wait for the fluid to evaporate BEFORE you power the controller up and try a stick calibration again. That way you'll know for sure whether the wheel is kaput, or whether it was clogged with a build up of lint and finger grease.

Last edited:
The RC1A/B controller is easy enough to disassemble and there are loads of YouTube videos to walk you through the process.
Why not try a bit of DIY before you fork out a frankly ludicrous sum for a second hand controller where you are more than likely to be inheriting the undisclosed problem that prompted the seller to flog it in the first place.
EBAY will be your friend here: search for RC1A or RC1B controller gimbal wheel and I'll bet you get a few hits. The equivalent to £10 or £15 should solve the fault.
An even simpler thing to try is to buy an aerosol tin of switch cleaner and give the inside of the wheel a few blasts, work the wheel backwards and forwards through its arc of traverse and then souse it again. Wait for the fluid to evaporate BEFORE you power the controller up and try a stick calibration again. That way you'll know for sure whether the wheel is kaput, or whether it was clogged with a build up of lint and finger grease.
Thank you. According to the sympthoms I wrote do you think its necessary to open up controller?Is there maybe a possibility to reset the controller? What would you recommend to do before opening RC?Thank you.

Does not seem controller issue
Check by recalibrating the controller.
Drone must be powered off
I did it. I went to controller icon and tap on calibration of remote - it asked me to turn the drone off, and there I have noticed thata blue line in not working for that wheel. What else I can do before I open up the controller?Thank you

I did it. I went to controller icon and tap on calibration of remote - it asked me to turn the drone off, and there I have noticed thata blue line in not working for that wheel. What else I can do before I open up the controller?Thank you
Then you can buy a new dial and replace it .
Btw i have in stock but i am from india

Thank you. According to the sympthoms I wrote do you think its necessary to open up controller?Is there maybe a possibility to reset the controller? What would you recommend to do before opening RC?Thank you.
Switch cleaner to begin with. If the gimbal wheel is non-functional, there is no way to replace it without stripping down the controller.
If you don't want to do that: DJI service centre might facilitate a repair for a fee (no idea how much that might cost). OR you could fork out the equivalent of approximately £150 for a second hand controller and take your chances.
Personally, I'd start with the least expensive and simplest thing then work upwards from there

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas