DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need some help. Scared to fly again.

At least for Samsung S7 it is not possible to use DJI Go if none of apps is set as default for USB.

I always put samsung to flight mode to stop it linking / responding to other inputs. Two flights this weekend went well with no disconnects. I still think iPhone works better...as my friends use when flying my msz.

At least for Samsung S7 it is not possible to use DJI Go if none of apps is set as default for USB.

I always put samsung to flight mode to stop it linking / responding to other inputs. Two flights this weekend went well with no disconnects. I still think iPhone works better...as my friends use when flying my msz.

Interesting... works fine on all Samsung products I've used. That feature was more apparent in newer OS versions, are you running 8 or 9 (actually 8 is last supported version for S7), the S7 started with version 6 and this feature wasn't as apparent. If I recall correctly in earlier versions, you did have a default app but you could easily select other apps to run instead, or place as new default.

I've ran multiple flight apps on Samsung products since version 4 KitKat upwards; Note 4 & Tablets without issue.

It's really not an issue of Hardware OS, Android has many products and the majority are lower end devices... the upper end devices that are more comparable to Apple hardware will perform well. Heat issues exist for ALL devices, all will fail on hot sunny days near the same temp, a new iPhone & Samsung will both present a heat failure message within the same amount of time when exposed to heat, I personally experienced it a few times simply leaving in a car a bit too long.

I will agree, Apple doesn't offer lower cost / lower scale hardware, they only offer upper end hardware. When compared to Android hardware. A lot of Android hardware is 30-60% less cost, that indirectly equates to quality of components. Lower grade hardware quality gives the perception Apple runs better... false, upper end hardware all runs about the same. The older iPads won't provide the same service or performance either, some apps specify only the newer iPads as minimum requirement.

But... if a person enjoys their Apple or Android, likes the brand or OS design that's a happy person!

I have had phone overheating issues before. Last month flying in Utah. It was only around 95-98f but that was enough. Morning and evenings flights were fine. One day I decided to do a midday flight. Took off. Within a min or two the app started to freeze. Laggy. F'd up video. Brought it back. Tried again. Same problem. Waited until later that evening and everything worked fine. I started to fly from the inside of the a/c in the truck when it was really hot. But mainly elected to try to fly only during cooler hours.

Never could figure out if it was the RC or the phone. I suspect the phone as the app was so unresponsive.

Get that RTH figured out! Test in an open field and get used to it before you send your drone off far away or over objects. In open field try the scenarios out. Disconnect RC. Turn off RC. Try to reconnect. Etc. That way when it fails in the field your pucker factor will be somewhat less!

Thanks for the advice. Will do. I've only been flying when less than 90 and haven't had any more issues like that.

The Mavic is operating on an Android system. Big problem with using most android devices instead of iOS is the processors generally suck. So while you see lag on the device the video recording is usually crystal clear. Folks that don’t have problems with Android devices are usually using something with a decent processing system like the Galaxy 10.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
The Mavic is operating on an Android system. Big problem with using most android devices instead of iOS is the processors generally suck. So while you see lag on the device the video recording is usually crystal clear. Folks that don’t have problems with Android devices are usually using something with a decent processing system like the Galaxy 10.
Correct... get a Android in same price class of apple and you'll have comparable performance.

A Kia isn't going to perform with the performance cars... still a car, regardless of Brand.... but as anything, price & grade do dictate the realistic expectations.

Save yourself frustrations, if Android get the higher end devices to run smoothly... or a newer Apple.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird