DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need your opinion

JohnMFord

Reactions
I don't yet own a Mavic but just out of curiosity I loaded the DJIGo 4 app on my Moto G5 running android 7 just to see if it would at least start up. I started fine with no issues. I know that this does not necessarily mean it will work when I do get a Mavic, but does the fact that it starts fine now give me hope that it will work later. Thanks.

I don't yet own a Mavic but just out of curiosity I loaded the DJIGo 4 app on my Moto G5 running android 7 just to see if it would at least start up. I started fine with no issues. I know that this does not necessarily mean it will work when I do get a Mavic, but does the fact that it starts fine now give me hope that it will work later. Thanks.

DJI GO 4 starts fine on my Samsung S7 Edge with Nougat. Unfortunately it disconnects randomly while flying. All of a sudden you are disconnected and have to restart DJI GO 4. So let's say you were doing a nice pan or a fly along to get a video, crash occurs, you have to take away your attention from flying to restart the Go. It is a pain in the keister. And I discovered the DJI GO basic does exactly the same on Nougat. Both are fine on Marshmallow. If only we could go back. Nougat interface looks horrible like a little kiddy Iphone.

So it will be a crap shoot with various phones working or not. I don't have to worry about it because I got a Samsung Tab S2 and it is Marshmallow. Can be seen in full Arizona sun at midday with the sun over your shoulder.

Last edited:
Michael, thanks for the input, but the point of my post is to try and avoid the necessity of buying an IOS product.
I have seen on Youtube a couple of recent videos that claim that turning off the DJIgo app's video and audio caching function makes the android version more stable. Has anyone here had any experience with this? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign