DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I never own a drone and Santa want to offer me one: DJI Mini2 or a Mavic Air 2? Need help to choose!

Cristagally

Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm Cristagally, from France (important to mention it because of the new European regulation). Please bear in mind that i'm not fluent in english and sometimes I don't epress correctly what i want to say.

I'm new to this forum, and don't even own a drone (yet). But because I've been a nice guy this year Santa Claus and my wife want to buy me a DJI drone. My wife didn't bought it for Christmas because she was lost in the model choice.

I've narrowed my choice between DJI Mini 2, and a Mavic Air 2. I know, everyone is gonna recommand me the Air 2. But, i'm reading and seeing some really nice review on Youtube, here, on DPrevizw saying the mini 2 is really perfect for begionner, even without sensors.

More about me:

• I just want to put my drone in my backpack and film landcaspes where I'm. Hiking, MTBiking will be my main use.
  • I'm doing a lot of MTB, so I would like to be able to carry my drone in a backpack (I have some space in my backpack, no problem to carry a Mavic air 2).
  • Follow me/Active track (don't know the diffference) is for sure important to me, but mostly of the time I will probably film the landscape, and not only me...
    Exemple here:

• I don't understand the consequences of the new regulations: if i'm filming myself in a forbidden area or just above the limit, will the SWAT team land next to me withing 10 min and put a gun against my forehead? More serriously, will the police will look automatically for those flying in a frobidden area and sent me a penalty evertytime i'm doing something wrong?

I have a Polaroid Moon drone, a 10€ drone, offer by my secret Santa. I know it's a toy, I'm a bit scared the mini 2 will have the same behgaviour. Once I gently press the controller up, it goes full throttle madness and i'm not able to control the drone anymore. It's almost 100% power or 0% power, so my drone is jumping like a kangaroo all the time! Once again, it's a toy, but because of this I'm worried the tiny mini 2 will be hard to control. And because of this, buying the cheapest is appealing me because i prefer to crash a 400€ rone insted of a 800 one...

As you can see, I'm a bit lost. Sometimes I think the mini 2 will be overkill for me and will cover 100% of what i need, for a small price. I won't film me every time i'm going MTB (especillay i'm doing "enduro" which is quite fast for a drone)... sometime i think the Air 2 will be perfect for the next 4 or 5 years and will be the perfect partner for everything including filming me, especially because i'm riding most of the time alone.

Tough choice my friends... :)

Have a nice day and take care.

Attachments

• Drone-Polaroid-Moon.jpg
    Drone-Polaroid-Moon.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 17
Hello everyone, I'm Cristagally, from France (important to mention it because of the new European regulation). Please bear in mind that i'm not fluent in english and sometimes I don't epress correctly what i want to say.

I'm new to this forum, and don't even own a drone (yet). But because I've been a nice guy this year Santa Claus and my wife want to buy me a DJI drone. My wife didn't bought it for Christmas because she was lost in the model choice.

I've narrowed my choice between DJI Mini 2, and a Mavic Air 2. I know, everyone is gonna recommand me the Air 2. But, i'm reading and seeing some really nice review on Youtube, here, on DPrevizw saying the mini 2 is really perfect for begionner, even without sensors.

More about me:

• I just want to put my drone in my backpack and film landcaspes where I'm. Hiking, MTBiking will be my main use.
  • I'm doing a lot of MTB, so I would like to be able to carry my drone in a backpack (I have some space in my backpack, no problem to carry a Mavic air 2).
  • Follow me/Active track (don't know the diffference) is for sure important to me, but mostly of the time I will probably film the landscape, and not only me...
    Exemple here:

• I don't understand the consequences of the new regulations: if i'm filming myself in a forbidden area or just above the limit, will the SWAT team land next to me withing 10 min and put a gun against my forehead? More serriously, will the police will look automatically for those flying in a frobidden area and sent me a penalty evertytime i'm doing something wrong?

I have a Polaroid Moon drone, a 10€ drone, offer by my secret Santa. I know it's a toy, I'm a bit scared the mini 2 will have the same behgaviour. Once I gently press the controller up, it goes full throttle madness and i'm not able to control the drone anymore. It's almost 100% power or 0% power, so my drone is jumping like a kangaroo all the time! Once again, it's a toy, but because of this I'm worried the tiny mini 2 will be hard to control. And because of this, buying the cheapest is appealing me because i prefer to crash a 400€ rone insted of a 800 one...

As you can see, I'm a bit lost. Sometimes I think the mini 2 will be overkill for me and will cover 100% of what i need, for a small price. I won't film me every time i'm going MTB (especillay i'm doing "enduro" which is quite fast for a drone)... sometime i think the Air 2 will be perfect for the next 4 or 5 years and will be the perfect partner for everything including filming me, especially because i'm riding most of the time alone.

Tough choice my friends... :)

Have a nice day and take care.

Your idea of a DJI drone may be a bit warped because of your experience with your other drones,

The DJI drones are in a class all of there own , they would not be considered a toy in any aspect as many Pro Users have this drone as there back up.

I think you will be happy with the Mini 2 but be amazed by the Air 2 as we have nominated it for the drone of the Decade and last into the next couple years.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Air 2 or Mini 2 In the Rain and Land on Water.

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

I would recommend the Mavic Air 2 since you’d occasionally like to film yourself while riding your bike. They will be equal in size to transport so you don’t really gain anything from buying the Mini 2. Fly safe.

Welcome to the forum!! I'm a new drone owner, a MA2, great little drone, I hear the MM2 is also but I've not flown one so I'll reserve comment. I will say don't be afraid of either one they almost fly themselves ! I had a cheap little drone like yours and it almost talked me out of ever getting a real drone. Rest assured if you pay attention to avoid obstacles you WILL do fine.. pick one and enjoy!!
Then look around here and learn, everyone here wants to help

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Cristagally.

Once again, it's a toy, but because of this I'm worried the tiny mini 2 will be hard to control. And because of this, buying the cheapest is appealing me because i prefer to crash a 400€ rone insted of a 800 one...

Cheap drones are easy to crash.
DJI drones are easy to fly.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

To be honest, you can't go wrong with either choice. Both the Mini 2 and Air 2 offer fantastic value for money. The price difference is not as big as it initially looks due to the cost of the Mini 2 FMC being a lot more than the base package.

If the Air 2 doesn't overly stretch your budget, I'd recommend it over the Mini 2 too. You are getting a more solid and well made drone with near-prosumer level performance and functionality.

You seem to me to have a good command of English.
I'm trying to do my best, but it's always hard to express exactly what I want, in a foreign language. I studied in UK when I was young, but I almost forget to speak correctly (I feel stupid to be honest). I appreciate your words, by the way.

So, let me thanks you all for your advice. I will simply follow what everyone says and go for a Air 2.

Can I order anywhere on internet? For example, at Amazon.de it's really a lot cheaper than my country store... Is there any restriction? (I don't think but I prefer to ask here before pulling the trigger).

Edit: for 10 sec I was realizing that I was talking to people from all around the world, it's ******* magic! Don't get me wrong, i'm not old and used to browse internet, but once again, it's really cool to ask people something and see in your answers that you're from Arizona, san Diego etc... I mainly hear this name when watchig movies... That's weird :)

cheers from south of France where i'm surrounded by lavander's field :)

I sometimes see a few minor mistakes in your sentences, but one could attribute that to autocorrect, or just thinking and typing too fast. You're doing excellent, better than some where English is their native language.

I hear you about being amazed in conversing with others around the world. Back in college in mid 1980s, I used to dial up to the college network from home, then get on a relay chat and chat with students around the world. My mom freaked out hearing about it thinking I was connecting long distance and generating a huge long distance bill.
Back then local calls were charged per call rather than per minute so it was cheaper to stay connected while I go get a sandwich than hang up first and then dial back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143