DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Passed the Part 107 Test

I passed the part 107 test on the 13th, now waiting on my Temporary Cert and trying to decide if I want to upgrade from a Mini to a Mavic Air 2.

Congrats! I would recommend the upgrade, at least to a Mini 2, if not the Air 2. Never had an original mini but based on every comparison review, seems like Occusync 2 alone is worth the upgrade.

Congrats! I would recommend the upgrade, at least to a Mini 2, if not the Air 2. Never had an original mini but based on every comparison review, seems like Occusync 2 alone is worth the upgrade.
I have had a Mini since shortly after they were introduced and now with my Part 107 I am looking at upgrading to the Mavic Air 2. thanks

I passed the part 107 test on the 13th, now waiting on my Temporary Cert and trying to decide if I want to upgrade from a Mini to a Mavic Air 2.
CONGRATS and go with the MA2 you'll love it...

I have the Mavic Mini which uses the DJI Fly App, the Mavic Air 2 also uses the DJI fly App. Can I fly both my Mini and the MA 2 with the same app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max at different times of course? Thanks

I have the Mavic Mini which uses the DJI Fly App, the Mavic Air 2 also uses the DJI fly App. Can I fly both my Mini and the MA 2 with the same app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max at different times of course? Thanks
Yes

Congrats, was it hard?

Test is a bugger and a lot of questions really don't have a lot to do with 99% of what we commercial operator do.

You can go online to the FFA sight and find and download the temp. license.... I forget how many days that takes.

I passed my test on the 13th and am still waiting for the FAA email to download my temporary license. I understand I must be vetted by the TSA before it is issued and can take 10 business days. this info was given to me by the testing facility

Been over a year since I passed and I've forgotten the time to get the temp.... but it seems I never got the email and just went to the sight where I registered or such and downloaded the temp.... I'd start checking every day....

Reactions: W5CI
Test is a bugger and a lot of questions really don't have a lot to do with 99% of what we commercial operator do.
You brought up something I've been wondering about. I haven't taken the test, I haven't studied for it. But I have gone to a couple of different sights that purported to have sample tests, and I took them just to see how I would do.

I have no idea if these "sample tests" were really representative of an actual test I would take, but Good Lord, MOST of the questions I saw I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with knowing how to fly one of these small consumer photography drones. Sounds like you're saying the real deal is that way too. :(

Reactions: W5CI
You brought up something I've been wondering about. I haven't taken the test, I haven't studied for it. But I have gone to a couple of different sights that purported to have sample tests, and I took them just to see how I would do.

I have no idea if these "sample tests" were really representative of an actual test I would take, but Good Lord, MOST of the questions I saw I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with knowing how to fly one of these small consumer photography drones. Sounds like you're saying the real deal is that way too. :(
But those questions you refer to are the questions that will be on your test

Reactions: Russ Still
But those questions you refer to are the questions that will be on your test
I'm studying for my test. Some sample tests I routinely get 90's missing very few questions. But some of the paid schools ask questions that are just not talked about ever in online training and videos, etc. I have to wonder if some of the "schools" are testing well beyond what the actual FAA 107 test would be. For example, the KING SCHOOLS test include questions on landing (from an Airman's piloting perspective), such as showing a runway diagram and asking of it is a taxi runway or takeoff runway. I don't know which test exams to take because some I get almost 100 and the KING school test I struggle to get 70%. I was confident until I started taking the King School sample test (for which they offer to sell you the course). Not sure if it's a valid representation of the knowledge I'll need to be a remote pilot and pass the FAa 107 Test.

Take the test, you'll be fine.... it is not easy but the reference book they supply with the test has a legion in the front that if you have some knowledge of the material will help you through it.... some advice... don't second guess yourself, don't go back and change answers and take it as fast as possible ..... worse case is you flunk it and have to retest.... but I suspect from the study you have done that will not be an issue.

I'm studying for my test. Some sample tests I routinely get 90's missing very few questions. But some of the paid schools ask questions that are just not talked about ever in online training and videos, etc. I have to wonder if some of the "schools" are testing well beyond what the actual FAA 107 test would be. For example, the KING SCHOOLS test include questions on landing (from an Airman's piloting perspective), such as showing a runway diagram and asking of it is a taxi runway or takeoff runway. I don't know which test exams to take because some I get almost 100 and the KING school test I struggle to get 70%. I was confident until I started taking the King School sample test (for which they offer to sell you the course). Not sure if it's a valid representation of the knowledge I'll need to be a remote pilot and pass the FAa 107 Test.
You know I've kind of wondered about those tests with online schools myself. That is, are they trying to "scare you" into taking their courses. As I've said before, I'm the very definition of a recreational flyer no more than I fly and what limited area i fly in. But I thought, "Why not?" and then I started taking the sample tests just to see where I stood. The actual drone stuff I passed every single question. But all the other stuff I was lost on. And it's stuff I'll NEVER use. I may still study and get my 107 someday just to have it. But I sure wish they'd focus on what we actually use as operators of consumer photography drones.

Reactions: mahjohn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald