DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I put the LumeCube Anti-Collision Strobe on this.

My only accident with a light was flying at 324 AGL.
The mount I thought was secure as it was checked e times before flight and checked good. Due to failure of clamp the entire rig fell to the top of a pool enclosure causing $200 damage. No one was injured. Home owners were upset because it was just built.

We talked about it And i covered the repairs and followed up with a note expressing my apologies.

From that moment I went to lumecube and firehousetech lights.

That light I had first was heavy like a mag light. I could only think of what it would do to get hit by it.

Cheaper is not always better and check your checks. Hope this help people
b35c5bc90d4712752ac874c42d0acf5b.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg
c5c6d0720cc4e1cebac5ebcc79d7f51e.jpg
db543394d7edb16ac222b4ca94295943.jpg
f8ca1ec393f25da164fe927ae376eee3.jpg
21f937664a6edbb1d8347b7385a27907.jpg
11045641b3404213e3c026b8f01e4e2f.jpg

I own the Mavic 2 Zoom. It comes with lights underneath.
True, but they don't strobe. I guess you could turn them off and on repeatedly. Some (myself included) use strobes in daylight to visually find the aircraft after briefly looking away. I can't locate a continuous light, but I can a strobe within several seconds. This is even when I know where to look. At night the strobe light is required. I think that is also true for recreational, if not, it will be soon.

Looks like a 3d print. Did you buy this, sell or share the source file?

Don't think they make them anymore. The site is IMP concepts. I'd like to see a similar one built. That clip I'm using would be nice if it had dedicated arc II holders on the top and sides. I'm using Velcro. At this point I'm not using anything on top and hope any aircraft can see the side and back strobes. I have one on the bottom of my MP and mainly rely on the bottom strobe at higher altitudes.

Don't think they make them anymore. The site is IMP concepts. I'd like to see a similar one built. That clip I'm using would be nice if it had dedicated arc II holders on the top and sides. I'm using Velcro. At this point I'm not using anything on top and hope any aircraft can see the side and back strobes. I have one on the bottom of my MP and mainly rely on the bottom strobe at higher altitudes.
Thanks. I'll be looking for something like that. I do have M2 and Mpro. This is what I currently use. It' simple, keeps the battery from coming out, and fits both.
DSC01883.jpgDSC01885.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01868.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 36
Any1 try the strobe out on a Mavic Air? Not much room ..
I have one on the air. Right on top of GPS and also put 3m dual lock on 1 of my batteries so it's on the bottom when I want. When on top it doesn't affect the GPS at all.

I have a hard time imagining this being very functional. Your strobe is pointing straight up, so if your Mavic is at say 400 feet up, I wouldn't think your strobe would be visible at all, or just barely so.
I would think that having it on the bottom would be much more visible since you are ALWAYS looking at the bottom of the drone while it is in the air regardless of altitude.
Just my 2 cents worth :)
It is a anti collision avoidance strobe. Hopefully planes will be above it.

It is also a strobe to aid location of the drone by the operator. Multiple uses determine mounting location(s).
The Strobe was designed to be as lightweight and powerful as possible to satisfy all FAA guidelines for anti-collision lighting to keep your drone buzzing well past the sunset and into the dark. The Strobe is visible from 3+ miles away, can flash white, red, or green, is visible from 360º, and has multiple light modes including a strobe speed of 1Hz (60 strobes per minute). Weighing in at a whopping 10 grams, the Strobe will leave little to no impact on your drone's flight performance and will allow you to max out your drone's flight time. Securely mount to any drone using 3M Dual Lock Technology. Screenshot_20190720-163250_Chrome.jpeg

Yes. With the regular LumeCube, which points forward, it would be okay. The image in post #5 shows the LEDs point straight up. Care to clarify how this works?

On the other hand, if this doesn't interfere with GPS (post #17), this could be handy for the regular LumeCube (especially for night halos), so I would be interested in your reply to post #18.

Chris
Sure I will, it's quite simple...I want all aircraft flying above me to look down, when they look down they get to see 100% strobe flashing in their eyes...and at that point... his or hers brain does all its calculation and it deciphered that an aircraft is below him or her.. other word, it's for other aircrafts to see.. I have these 2 wonderful little round LEDs underneath for me to use and see where the aircraft is located in the sky...

I put 2 Strobon CREE strobes on my Mavic Pro and as bright as they are, they really are next to worthless here in the Southern California sunshine. I have a white one pointing straight forward like a headlight and a red on pointing straight back.

True, but they don't strobe. I guess you could turn them off and on repeatedly. Some (myself included) use strobes in daylight to visually find the aircraft after briefly looking away. I can't locate a continuous light, but I can a strobe within several seconds. This is even when I know where to look. At night the strobe light is required. I think that is also true for recreational, if not, it will be soon.

If I turn on the underneath lights, I can pick up the drone easily. I guess the only way I couldn't would be if the drone was below head level lol. But I also use LumeCube lights (mounts on the side) and they can be set for continuous or strobe lighting. So, with the LumeCube and underneath lighting you can see it well (even in mid daylight)>

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots