DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Shot A Buck Tonight (with my M3)

The second image is the best of all.

Reactions: VenomXts
Great shot! Add it to the many more great shots you will get with a drone.

Very nice shots. Definitely some to be proud of. It was fortunate that he was out a little early when the light was so good. Gnarly looking rack, though.

Your message title reminds me of a comment a friend made when joining a group in a bar one spring evening a few years back. "Hey! I shot my first turkey this morning. Created quite a commotion in the frozen food aisle."

Nice...any photos of deer sausage?
I haven't had venison in a while. I love the flavor of wild game. Sad thing is, he won't be shooting that deer. Especially, if he is flying a drone. If a game warden finds a hunter using a drone to view prey ,he or she is screwed.

Reactions: VenomXts
Very nice!

Zoom can be good for fun. Photographers will tell you to shoot without digital zoom and crop in post production. Zoom will pixelate more than cropping. Also same for any digital zoom camera like your phone.

I guess I don't understand the "zoom" up to 7x vs digital after on the m3.

Optical zoom vs digital zoom is what I was writing about. Digital zoom spreads a smaller part of the picture across the CMOS which spreads out the pixels. If you crop later it does a similar spreading but it is not as much. If the 3 has an actual optical zoom where the lens move then that is the best. I don’t think it has that feature.

I haven't had venison in a while. I love the flavor of wild game. Sad thing is, he won't be shooting that deer. Especially, if he is flying a drone. If a game warden finds a hunter using a drone to view prey ,he or she is screwed.
Not sure what the rules are in Ontario, but, IIRC, here it’s a 24 hour buffer. You can scout an area from the air and hunt there 24 hours later. If the animal hasn’t been spooked it’s likely to still be nearby.

Not sure what the rules are in Ontario, but, IIRC, here it’s a 24 hour buffer. You can scout an area from the air and hunt there 24 hours later. If the animal hasn’t been spooked it’s likely to still be nearby.
I was speaking in realtime. Use drone, find deer and immediately shoot deer in less than 1/2 hour. I've read stories by actual drone pilots who are hunters who got into some trouble for it. Some just had the drone with them , but didn't use it and still got in trouble. The warden just assumed they were using the drone at the time of the kill. If your actively hunting, I wouldn't carry a drone at the same time. Just in case. I forgot what the fines are. But, I guess your right, the rules are different in every state. I did hear you can use drones to find locate and kill wild boar in real time because the boar are not considered game, they are considered nuisance animals.

I was speaking in realtime. Use drone, find deer and immediately shoot deer in less than 1/2 hour. I've read stories by actual drone pilots who are hunters who got into some trouble for it. Some just had the drone with them , but didn't use it and still got in trouble. The warden just assumed they were using the drone at the time of the kill. If your actively hunting, I wouldn't carry a drone at the same time.
I agree in that instance. It used to be like that with ATVs here. If you were scouting before noon, leave the guns behind or risk losing both.
But, I guess your right, the rules are different in every state. I did hear you can use drones to find locate and kill wild boar in real time because the boar are not considered game, they are considered nuisance animals.
I think I’ve come across this as well. I’ve also seen several videos of people hunting wild boar with semi automatic rifles and IR scopes. Very interesting.

I agree in that instance. It used to be like that with ATVs here. If you were scouting before noon, leave the guns behind or risk losing both.

I think I’ve come across this as well. I’ve also seen several videos of people hunting wild boar with semi automatic rifles and IR scopes. Very interesting.
Here in Texas you can hunt hogs via helicopter and semi auto long guns year round since they are a problem animal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa