DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I shot down my drone!

Once doused my drone (hubsanPro) in the lake. Had floats on. but turned turtle on me.
Recovered it and saturated it with WD40. I mean everywhere. Long story short, it came back to life.
Needed the WD40 saturation applied about three times, but still working to this day.
One word of advice though. When powered up the first time after spraying down with the WD40,
the aircraft immediately came to life. Whirring blades and all. Lucky no hands were in the way.
Also on first lift off, it turned full right and hit the house. Slight damage to the blades.
Just a heads up.... while everything may look good with the electronics (dry and all) even a
small trace of moisture left could (and did in my case) short out the circuit and cause erratic behavior. Proceed with caution is advisable.
Hope you can get it going.
cheers,
Lance

Fill a bucket big enough to hold the Mavic then remove the battery and submerge the Mavic into the rice and leave it for 24 hrs. The rice will draw all the moisture out of the components. I've done it before and it works.
Rice drying is a old wives tail, check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: scro
As for getting things up and down from trees, the easiest method that I have found is the use of a crossbow with fishing line firmly attetched to the bolt.
a crossbow is very accurate and can be fired above and behind the branch or item that the drone is attached to. Once in place a good tug will work, however if your bolt gets stuck it’s a $5 replacement or you can fire multiple times at no cost!,!
Try it it’s very simple and 99% fool proof
Yep my answer is a tethered fishing weight fired with a slingshot, follow it up with a heavier cord and yoho on the branch, Stuck twice in a tree, me!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica