DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I studied mathematics, calculus, physics, C, C++, formal logic, SIMD/hardware accelerators overall (hope to read more about FPGAs, or VHDL/Verilog)

Reactions
To make better flight software/firmware that uses the optical camera to detect as well as avoid obstacles.
I wish to apply similar tech to cars.
I am also a web developer, good with MySQL, PHP, (X)HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc.
I hope to work remotely someday.

To make better flight software/firmware that uses the optical camera to detect as well as avoid obstacles.
well good luck,welcome to the forum 👍

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

To make better flight software/firmware that uses the optical camera to detect as well as avoid obstacles. I wish to apply similar tech to cars.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new Flying or Driving buddies.

Judging from your into, I'm not sure if you are more interested in flying a Drone or riding in a self-driving car….

I read your other posting and even with my advanced degree in Computer Science, your references to field-programmable gate arrays or FPGAs that can be be configured by a user in the field does not makes sense in this format.

Few of our members have the skills or knowledge to use any specialized programming languages and since VHDL has its roots in the Ada programming language in both concept and syntax and you did not list your skill set included any languages other than the "C" family… I do not know how we can help you.

Perhaps some of the blogs originating from University of Washington, UCLA, or Cornell University would provide you with the discourse that would fill your need.

Additionally, Dr. John Wickerson at Imperial College London has published the most papers on this subject…

Happy Droning or Driving……

Obstacle Avoidance 101.png

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

As far as quads are concerned, on the bird itself, C/C++ on Linux platform, while as far as the app, Java. That'd be all embedded stuff. As far as the actual obstacle avoidance, that's some trickiness there.

Welcome to the forum.

I used to run a venture funded company that developed the display technology used by Samsung today for their subpixel rendered high resolution OLED displays. We had all of those programming skills on my team to do very sophisticated image processing for FPGA programming as well as ASIC development and also verification software. There are many companies in Silicon Valley and elsewhere that can use your skill sets and often with you working from your home. No doubt DJI uses many of these tools for collision avoidance in their drones.

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....When it comes to Drones there's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safely and fly smartly representing all of us drone hobbyist well.

Welcome to the forum.

I used to run a venture funded company that developed the display technology used by Samsung today for their subpixel rendered high resolution OLED displays. We had all of those programming skills on my team to do very sophisticated image processing for FPGA programming as well as ASIC development and also verification software. There are many companies in Silicon Valley and elsewhere that can use your skill sets and often with you working from your home. No doubt DJI uses many of these tools for collision avoidance in their drones.
I will try to work harder to study FPGAs (plus other hardware accelerators.)
I may go back to college first (if it is possible to do so completely through a web browser.)
If DJI (or others) release RC aircraft that let you rewrite the firmware -- or if there are kits that let you write it yourself from C or x86/ARM assembly, (or that use FPGAs that are easy to program,) -- I will make firmware for it at Github.
I will release it as BSD, so that it is okay to use it commercially or for yourself (the GPL makes it harder to use software commercially.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom