A flight must be planned, to assure the best outcome and reduce the risk of an accident.
- Alcatraz is far to reach. You are goint to spend a lot of time traveling, with little cinematic value and no still pictures.
- The winds are going to be strong and must be anticipated. Optimally, with a return downwind.
- Alcatraz is a national park and therefore a no fly zone. (Some will say that it is debatable because you didn’t take-off from there.) Anyway once again, little value as you can not get over.
- Use Airmap to find if OK to fly or not, and use UAV forecast for the winds.
- Always have some return “fuel” in mind when you fly. Low battery warning starts at 30%. Adhere by it. Keep it in mind. RTH will be initiated moments later, but by then, your aircraft should be close to you, if you are planning correctly.