DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I think I might need to sell my Classic

Not getting into the zoom argument. But for the OP, this link to my dropbox will give you sample photos of the M3 with a photo at each zoom level up to the max of 27x. Maybe this will answer your question on which model will fit your needs. Photos taken from 3.5 miles.

Not getting into the zoom argument. But for the OP, this link to my dropbox will give you sample photos of the M3 with a photo at each zoom level up to the max of 27x. Maybe this will answer your question on which model will fit your needs. Photos taken from 3.5 miles.

It's not an argument.Yes it is.No it isn't.Yes it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Why to buy Mavic 3 Classic? I am the example. I make professional quality photos and videos for stock agencies, and only the quality of the Hasselblad 4/3 camera is what meets my needs. On the other hand, only Classic has class C1 certification for Europe (where I live), weight less than 900 g, what lets me fly e.g. 1 km from an airport without tower permission and not 6 km like with the weight more than 900 g. Also in many other situations allowing only C1 class drones. I don’t need additional tele cameras with small sensors for anything
The Mavic 3 is also under 900g. Why would it also not have C1 certification?
At the time of the release of the Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Refurbished Mavic 3 drones were actually cheaper, so there was no cost savings to giving up the venerable 7x telephoto camera! Resale value is also significantly higher on the Mavic 3 over the Mavic 3 Classic.

The Mavic 3 is also under 900g. Why would it also not have C1 certification?
At the time of the release of the Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Refurbished Mavic 3 drones were actually cheaper, so there was no cost savings to giving up the venerable 7x telephoto camera! Resale value is also significantly higher on the Mavic 3 over the Mavic 3 Classic.
It’s not true. But the problem is a bit tricky. When I bought Mavic 3 Classic (just after its release in 2022), only Classic has already official C1 class certification and original Mavic 3 - not, and its official weight was 948g as I remember. Then Mavic 3 Pro was released (weight 958g) and DJI withdrew the original Mavic 3 from the market. In European law, since 2024 all class certificates must be granted by a manufacturer, so original Mavic 3 is out of question, as there is no such product any more.

Yes, same as the Classic.
Sorry, my mistake. You are right. But as it is not produced any more, it will probably never have an official C1 or any other class certificate, which will be necessary for legal flights in Europe since 2024. Of course it concerns only European users. And it doesn’t change the fact, that the main Hasselblad camera is the only one I need, so this the answer to kiley’s question: “Why anyone would buy a classic?” :)

Reactions: mobilehomer
Sorry, my mistake. You are right. But as it is not produced any more, it will probably never have an official C1 or any other class certificate, which will be necessary for legal flights in Europe since 2024. Of course it concerns only European users. And it doesn’t change the fact, that the main Hasselblad camera is the only one I need, so this the answer to kiley’s question: “Why anyone would buy a classic?” :)
Yepper, one of the reasons I bought the Classic. For ME, no need for the telephoto lens.

It’s not true. But the problem is a bit tricky. When I bought Mavic 3 Classic (just after its release in 2022), only Classic has already official C1 class certification and original Mavic 3 - not, and its official weight was 948g as I remember. Then Mavic 3 Pro was released (weight 958g) and DJI withdrew the original Mavic 3 from the market. In European law, since 2024 all class certificates must be granted by a manufacturer, so original Mavic 3 is out of question, as there is no such product any more.
Au contraire!
Official weight of the original Mavic 3 has always been under 900g.
No need to remember wrong. See the specs, still on the DJI website!
DJI was also issuing C1 class registrations upon request for Mavic 3's long before they discontinued it. Discontinued products still exist. They are merely no longer manufactured by DJI. Fact remains that at the time of the Mavic 3 Classic release, a C1 class certifiable DJI Refurbished Mavic 3 was available for less than the price of the Mavic 3 Classic. As far as I know, DJI is still issuing C1 class registrations, upon request, for any Mavic 3.

Specs

Aircraft

Au contraire!
Official weight of the original Mavic 3 has always been under 900g.
No need to remember wrong. See the specs, still on the DJI website!
DJI was also issuing C1 class registrations upon request for Mavic 3's long before they discontinued it. Discontinued products still exist. They are merely no longer manufactured by DJI. Fact remains that at the time of the Mavic 3 Classic release, a C1 class certifiable DJI Refurbished Mavic 3 was available for less than the price of the Mavic 3 Classic. As far as I know, DJI is still issuing C1 class registrations, upon request, for any Mavic 3.

Specs

Aircraft
I assume you are right and it’s an important information for the users of original Mavic 3. The point is that since buying Mavic 3 Classic which was initially noticeably cheaper then Mavic 3 but meeting all my needs I was no longer interested in original Mavic 3

I assume you are right and it’s an important information for the users of original Mavic 3. The point is that since buying Mavic 3 Classic which was initially noticeably cheaper then Mavic 3 but meeting all my needs I was no longer interested in original Mavic 3
The main point I was making is that the Mavic 3 Classic really wasn't cheaper at release. At the time, it was actually $100 more than a brand new DJI Refurbished Mavic 3 with the same 1 year warranty and DJI Care availability, making the 7x telephoto camera free! The Mavic 3 also has a fully locking gimbal, as well as a much more robust gimbal strap. It's resale value is also higher than the Mavic 3 Classic. Every new feature on the Mavic 3 Classic was immediately made available on the Mavic 3. The only reason for discontinuing the Mavic 3 was not the Mavic 3 Classic, but the Mavic 3 Pro which added yet a third 3x telephoto camera for the same original price as the Mavic 3.

To your point about the Mavic 3 Pro weight precluding C1 certification, DJI could easily make a slightly lower capacity, lighter Mavic 3 battery for the EU, to make the Mavic 3 Pro C1 compliant, reducing the total weight to under 900g. So far, they have not, but like they did for the Mini 2, and the Mini 3 Pro, lower capacity batteries were made to comply with China's 200g limit and USA's 300g limit, respectively with higher capacity batteries available in the same form factor. However, it appears that the EU demand for the Mavic 3 Pro with C1 compliance does not yet justify DJI's manufacturing the needed slightly lighter Mavic 3 battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman