DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I thought this might help if I ever crashed my MPP.

Scott Parker

Reactions
First off, these forums are fantastic. The knowledge and information that I have received is amazing. My question is has anyone used a Tile locator on their drone? I put a Tile Sticker on top of my MPP just in front of the battery. I have seen no effect on flight or operation. They work on bluetooth so I don't see that there would be any interference. Maybe I am wrong. I just thought it would be a great backup locator if it went down. Thoughts?

Reactions: fguthrie
Got a picture and link?

I'm not at home to take a pic but I will post one tonight. You can google Tile sticker and get the specs.

In my two years of ownership of a MPP, never had issues with the drone getting lost or anything related. Don't need the use of a GPS. I will just practice common sense and make sure the drone don't fly in a restrictive area.

First off, these forums are fantastic. The knowledge and information that I have received is amazing. My question is has anyone used a Tile locator on their drone? I put a Tile Sticker on top of my MPP just in front of the battery. I have seen no effect on flight or operation. They work on bluetooth so I don't see that there would be any interference. Maybe I am wrong. I just thought it would be a great backup locator if it went down. Thoughts?
I have tiles on all my drones. (Even the MM) They have 3 year independent batteries. Draw back is the 150 foot range. Fortunately I’ve never needed to use it.

i also have a firehouse land beacon on all drones. Just wish it was louder.

I don't plan on needing either, I just thought it can't hurt just in case. I also have one on my tello that I zip around the yard with. I did use it once when it caught a twig and landed over the fence in the neighbors yard.

Reactions: Zeke
Too limited in range for anything but a very close crash / forced landing . . . we have them on the pets !!
Handy if the cat gets out of her enclosure when out for an hour in the morning.
The dogs are no problems !!

Anyway, the Marco Polo is probably the best tracker going.

Other ideas if you can get them is the FHT (Firehouse Technology) strobes, ARCIIs are very bright, the new ARC XL even brighter, and has a very audible alarm, if there is no movement for 4 minutes when turned on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc