DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I took my Mavic Air on a cruise vacation!

Curious about the cruise line and the drone Did they require an inspection of your bag(s) ? Did they question you about bringing on a drone ?

Amazing, very good piece of work! Can I assume that you were also using a gopro? What software do you use to edit and combine the 2 different mediums?

You are correct. I was using a GoPro Hero 7 and the whole video was edited in FCPX.
Thanks for watching and the kind words! :)

Curious about the cruise line and the drone Did they require an inspection of your bag(s) ? Did they question you about bringing on a drone ?

I was never questioned once nor did they ask to look in my bag.

It was my understanding that cruise lines don't allow drones on board at all. Does NCL have a different policy?

Viking cruises are fine with drones so long as you don’t take off or land on them.
I’ve also been on Fred Olsen cruises and no problems there either.

I guess the thing to do is send an email to clarify. If the answer is yes then happy days, just print the reply off and have it with you. If the answer is no then you have to decide if you wish to risk it or not.

At the end of the day I believe it’s simply another piece of photographic equipment and so long as IQ 0 s didn’t go round flying around the ship that could annoy other passengers there should be no problem. But thanks to the idiot minority’s actions we are all having to tread carefully.

Very good Video. I took a cruise to Hawaii on Princess line. And they would not allow me to even bring it
on board ship. Missed a lot of pictures from above.

Reactions: ReelFocus
Thanks again for all the kind words.
I have a favor to ask….if you enjoyed the video would you mind showing it some love by giving it a thumbs up on Youtube? This lets Youtube know that it's a good video and they'll suggest it to others for watching. Also please subscribe as I'm trying to grow my channel.

Thanks for any support that you can give! :)

You might want to share it in relevant threads on “cruise critic”. I have one I shared 9 years ago ( not much to look at really) that has something like 200k views, and people are still commenting on it:

You might want to share it in relevant threads on “cruise critic”. I have one I shared 9 years ago ( not much to look at really) that has something like 200k views, and people are still commenting on it:
Agree with @Shon , post this on cruise critic.com. They will eat it up. Fantastic video.

That's funny I have one of those videos on my channel too!
Thanks for the suggestion on cruise critic. :)

Reactions: Shon
Very good Video. I took a cruise to Hawaii on Princess line. And they would not allow me to even bring it
on board ship. Missed a lot of pictures from above.

Thank you and sorry that you weren't able to bring your drone onboard.

I love (Ocean) cruising and drones.. this is a great combination of the both .

Really great work...

I love (Ocean) cruising and drones.. this is a great combination of the both .

Really great work...

Thanks so much! I couldn't agree more…cruising is the best and even better when you have the ability to capture amazing views from up above that allows for a unique perspective! :)

is it only me that asks “why in 4:40 of video there is 99.9% go-pro and only ‘perhaps 5 seconds’ of drone footage?

Is that because the drone was not really used at all?

Why not 4 mins + of drone footage?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s