DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I updated the DJI GO app on Sunday morning, MP "lost signal" for the first time in 133 flights

PhillyGuy

Reactions
Not sure if this is a fluke or odd timing. I updated the app Sunday morning. took the MP out a few hours later. WHEW..it's the very first time this happened owning my MP since June 30.
Brief flight outside Philly, just circling the area. I've been here before with no problems and I went over this spot a few times in this flight. But suddenly I saw on my app, the gimbal went nuts. Video froze and I had NO control with my MP for a few seconds (which felt more like a long minute), I saw on my Google Map it appeared it was drifting slowly to the north.

The RTH was not responding. Finally it did kick in after the app said ""Weak Signal"
RTH DID kick in thank God! BUT...talk about heart dropping! After landing, i called it a day..lol. I haven't been able to take another flight, test it out since, the weather here the past few days has been gloomy! :(
Just thankful this was not a "fly away" or a crash.

That's why I never update. Some do and never have a problem but a background update made my video feed totally unusable. I rolled back Go 4 and turned off auto updating and have not had a problem since and that was over a year ago.

I am new to DJI drones I recently had my first flight with a Mavic Pro, which went rather well, when I downloaded the DJI GO 4 App, which had a 3 of 5 rating I also downloaded an App titled Rainbow, which had a 5 of 5 rating, have you tried this App? ,or has anyone at hand?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan