DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 "Weak Signal

rscheff

Reactions
I have been flying the Mini 1 for 3 or so years and have experienced The "Weak Signal, adjust antennas" many times but it is usually quite a distance away, 1,500 feet or so. I just got the Mini 2 and it has no antennas and I receive the message 3 times in ten minutes of flight at 300 feet away. Since I have no antennas how do I fix this?

I think the internal antenna are at the front of the controller, so all you can do is face that (and yourself generally) towards the drone location.
Odd though that the 'advanced wifi' on the mini outdistances the ocusync 2 on the mini 2.

I'm guessing you have a mini 2 with FCC over there, and not ce . . . but even so I can get maybe 8 - 10 x that with my old Spark wifi.

See 10 in the attached from the manual,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 08.16.17.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 08.16.17.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 21
See 10 in the attached from the manual,
I never had a manual because the drone was given to me and the previous owner had a tendency to lose things. But I downloaded the manual and it looks like the antenna is built into the part that holds the phone and can't be adjusted. I failed to mention that this happens when flying a Dronelink mission. Almost exactly the same place in the mission. I will try flying to the same spot with DJI. Someone said try flying in airplane mode.

I never had a manual because the drone was given to me and the previous owner had a tendency to lose things. But I downloaded the manual and it looks like the antenna is built into the part that holds the phone and can't be adjusted. I failed to mention that this happens when flying a Dronelink mission. Almost exactly the same place in the mission. I will try flying to the same spot with DJI. Someone said try flying in airplane mode.
I doubt there ever was a paper manual. The antennae are in the phone clamp.
Due to the lack of 'proper' antennae it is even more important that you aim the phone clamp at the drone.
That said 300ft is very low range unless there were trees etc. in the signal's 'flight path' or interference in the flying area.
I haven't range tested my CE spec Mini 2 but I have seen well over 500m with it.

I doubt there ever was a paper manual. The antennae are in the phone clamp.
Due to the lack of 'proper' antennae it is even more important that you aim the phone clamp at the drone.
That said 300ft is very low range unless there were trees etc. in the signal's 'flight path' or interference in the flying area.
I haven't range tested my CE spec Mini 2 but I have seen well over 500m with it.
Yeah I think 300 feet is extremely low distance, especially since I can fly the Mini 1 without this issue and it happens in almost exactly the same place. I am starting to think that there is something wrong with the antenna.

The weather here is not conducive to drone flying for a couple days, but as soon as it clears up I will be experimenting. I just looked on E-Bay, you can get a used warranted one for about $40

The weather here is not conducive to drone flying for a couple days, but as soon as it clears up I will be experimenting. I just looked on E-Bay, you can get a used warranted one for about $40
40$? That seems a very low price for a DJI drone under warranty... Be very careful not to buy something wicked ;)

Not the drone the remote control. But unless it is an intermittent issue I just flew the same mission as 2 days ago and got "weak signal" msg. And nothing today.

Not the drone the remote control. But unless it is an intermittent issue I just flew the same mission as 2 days ago and got "weak signal" msg. And nothing today.
Oh, I see, I thought a complete set for 40$ and that looked very, very suspicious ;)
Intermittent problems are always a pain in the a... If I would be you, I would repeat the same 'experiment' several times at different weather conditions and see what it gives. I cross my fingers for you that the weak signal was only a coincidence of circumstances and that it will not repeat itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, it could be a lot of things. I had to replace the remote for my Mini 1 but that was only $30 for a new one. It had completely lost connection with the drone. I will experiment with it and in the meantime I will Google repairing the remote. Might just be a loose wire.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne