DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want this cute little drone, oh wait, price is a little steep 😂

Its been around for years. And would be pretty useless for a consumer drone unless you plan on spying on your neighbours.

Realistically, why do suppliers treat the military as cash cows to be milked. Even 123 don't stick their arm in that much.

Realistically, why do suppliers treat the military as cash cows to be milked. Even 123 don't stick their arm in that much.
More then likely if the military said please do R&D on a drone with these specs it would cost the company a large sum of money. Now if the military actually contracts the company to make X-amount of the drones the numbers would never come close to what the company could make from a consumer drone so they are just trying to make a profit to stay in business. The military only buys so many on contract. Do they get hosed? Well yes they probably do but not as much as you would think.

Reactions: spsphotos
Welcome to the military industrial complex. Just imaging the markup on the real big things like planes. A lot of money is to be made for war.

I get that companies have to do R and D, trust me I know how complicated it is to make a product. But still the numbers are way over scale. They want to charge the military almost 200,000 per drone? If they were only making 10 or 20 I could see that. Would be a research budget of 4 million dollars. But with orders of several thousand that price does not need to be that high. Most of that technology already exists. Just a matter of shrinking it down.

The United States spends more money on defense then the next 10 countries combined.

U.S. Defense Spending Compared to Other Countries

Reactions: macdog and MS Coast
Welcome to the military industrial complex. Just imaging the markup on the real big things like planes. A lot of money is to be made for war.

I get that companies have to do R and D, trust me I know how complicated it is to make a product. But still the numbers are way over scale. They want to charge the military almost 200,000 per drone? If they were only making 10 or 20 I could see that. Would be a research budget of 4 million dollars. But with orders of several thousand that price does not need to be that high. Most of that technology already exists. Just a matter of shrinking it down.

The United States spends more money on defense then the next 10 countries combined.

U.S. Defense Spending Compared to Other Countries
well its not a game you want to be second in

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
And THAT, is exactly why we are THE SUPERPOWER on this planet! Freedom ain’t free, baby!! - 22+ year retired military veteran. (Ask Ukraine if maybe they shouldn’t have thought a little more about THEIR defense budget)

And THAT, is exactly why we are THE SUPERPOWER on this planet! Freedom ain’t free, baby!! - 22+ year retired military veteran. (Ask Ukraine if maybe they shouldn’t have thought a little more about THEIR defense budget)
More like ask the USA, the U.K. and Russia a question why this war is happening?

Thousands of nuclear arms had been left on Ukrainian soil by Moscow after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. But in the years that followed, Ukraine made the decision to completely denuclearize.

In exchange, the U.S., the U.K. and Russia would guarantee Ukraine's security in a 1994 agreement known as the Budapest Memorandum.

Now, that agreement is front and center again.

More like ask the USA, the U.K. and Russia a question why this war is happening?

Thousands of nuclear arms had been left on Ukrainian soil by Moscow after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. But in the years that followed, Ukraine made the decision to completely denuclearize.

In exchange, the U.S., the U.K. and Russia would guarantee Ukraine's security in a 1994 agreement known as the Budapest Memorandum.

Now, that agreement is front and center again.
Not gonna do political commentary on a drone forum, sorry!

Not gonna do political commentary on a drone forum, sorry!
No becuase you don't have family in Ukraine, I do. Sorry you cannot except all the wrongs that is happening.
Sleep well tonight, my family and friends will not.

I'm not willing to give up my Starbuck's Crappuccino, so I guess I'll never be able to afford one...

My first drone was a non-GPS drone and even in a slight breeze, it drifted terribly. I wonder if it could even be used on any day other than a completely calm afternoon, especially by a warrior (to include all services...) who may only have limited practice. When soldiers were being trained to use the tank-killing TOW Missile, only the top student actually got to fire one, the rest had to yell, "Whoosh, it's off..." and "Bang, it's a hit..."

Maybe the manufacturer made a software game that the warriors can use to practice using it... (Wow, that computer game is just like flying the real thing...).

Ukraine is no where near the economy of the US, so I dont think they had a choice to spend more money. Thier GDP is equal to that of one of the lowest income producing states in the US like Arkansas.

And thanks to the countries that have helped out with the war they are kicking some Russian butts but this will be a very long battle.

photo_2022-05-04_06-06-26.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada