DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was excited about this drone (2hr flight time) until I saw the price.

There are plenty of Chinese products that are capable of this, and im sure they are calling home, huawai just got to blantant about it i guess. None of this bothers me. If they want to know what i look like and where i have been, go for it

I couldn't care less, BUT I have not seen any hard proof of this spying for the Chinese Gvmt accusation.
It falls in line with the climate change deniers. Just tell everybody via the internet and it is true. No proof needed.

How many phones call home? All of them.
How many of those phones are made in China? Most of them.
How many pieces of software call home? Lots of them.

Show me some proof and I will consider it.

I don’t need to show you proof, I was just making conversation and to honest I couldn’t give a flying **** what you believe

What, exactly, are they spying on? I'm sure they can get equivalent, or even more accurate, information from Google Earth than they can from my drone!

I can understand the fear of railroading your devices to do work through the internet for larger scale penetrations - that's a real threat with all of our household networked devices...but what in the world can my drone, with it's relatively small optics portal see that foreign countries can't see 1000x more accurately in other ways?

There does come a point where the combination of an overactive imagination and an over-inflated sense of self-worth equates to paranoia! I don't know what secret military base you're flying over, but I don't think anyone cares about my footage!

So now we know what happens to those mysterious "My drone flew away" !

It’s about the same price point as the matrice 210 and is being marketed to the same customers.

Not being able to swap batteries seems like a pretty big drawback. You would need at least 2 drones if you wanted to fly continuously.

2 hours is really impressive.

Late reply on aging thread... multiple tangents on comments: agreed, about same price point as M210 base. But the M210 is a platform to mount multiple devices to meet different needs and can become easily twice this value with batteries, cameras, mounts, etc. not including RTK options. Duration of flight; I can see a use for surveys, high tower inspections, SAR grids, time lapse photos, Security monitoring, bridge inspections... anything that requires slow documented collection of multiple photos, videos and Thermo IR shots... collecting images of bolts, fasteners on tower or construction survey with GCP's... the time saved not bringing it back, swapping battery would be beneficial.

It does indicate optional cameras, including IR Thermo. Not a lot of info on cameras or flight characteristics, GPS stability, etc. Although I doubt it will have the flexibility of the Matrice series.

The 1 hour charge option is concerning to me for the extended life of non-removable battery based on current lipo technology and mAh capacity. That fast charge rate would equate to a pretty high 'C' rating.... and charging at high C does reduce the life of lipo. If quickly charged on return trip, it would also be a warm pak, also shorting lipo life.

I'm normally on the Inspire / Matrice & Yuneec forum using M210, M600Pro, I1 and I2 along with MP and MA. Was looking at a M2E with much interest when came across this post.

Another area indicated in thread where comparing battery & cost to Mavic isn't accurate "if" it's comparable to a M210 is Wind. The larger platforms are used where Mavics are limited, and I question the US1 capability too. The Wind, when wind gets high enough the MA & MP are unable to move forward or hold point when a I2 or Matrice will continue to navigate.

Reguarding the Chinese data collection. That has been factually documented and in-directly verified by DJI stating they're not using the data improperly... aka Spying. The US Military did stop using DJI products and for some time (I don't recall duration or if still active) DJI platforms where banned from Sensitive Bases to avoid data collection. The current FW update to correct TB50&55 battery issue, several systems identified it as malware embedded on the PC during install. So data collection includes aerial data collection and possible PC monitoring. Lately it's been proven within industrial environment, the Chinese have performed illegal collection of data via their components and provided benifits through industrial espionage and breach of trade secrets. So I don't consider Chinese data espionage claims unwarranted or fake news.

Currently, you're unable to initiate a DJI product unless you log into and allow data extraction to DJI. Other platforms do not connect to their Chinese home base... that has been verified by software examination and testing. So in the justification of safety and zones, DJI justifies the need to connect, extract and send data to home base.

Does that make a difference... to most No. There are some, that is the only reason they won't own DJI. Myself, Other than sensitive environments, I too question the value of data obtained. I don't question data is not collected but I do question it's worthfulness as intel when higher quality imaging is publically obtainable through other channels. But if malware is injected installing on systems that also have financial or other personal information, that is concerning.

Back on US1, it'll be interesting to watch this product. It's development may improve several areas within. UAV.

Last edited:
is this the flight device that is going to mars?

maybe the flight control airplane for fighting fires will be done by this drone. keeping the pilot safe on the ground 100 miles away?
now every anti drone pep can call in a drone seen at every fire in the forest?
great tool for spys, poparotsis? ( spelling, a foreign word for a rich person spy).
hay now with drones baned in many places and many more citys going in this group. the police will have the air space all to themselves and there drones. like at that gatwick airport.
or in yellowstone nat park. (crowd control).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga