DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was wondering what pilots are using for insurance

But can you do the insurance by the day instead of by the month?
Yes. You can purchase daily insurance. The last project I did would include 2-3 days of shooting, not necessarily sequential days, with possible weather delays over the course of a week. A month's coverage was about the same as a few individual days, so I took advantage of the extended coverage for roughly the same rate.

Reactions: Drone_Pilot
I am from Florida and I'm looking into renewing my drone insurance. I was wondering what you guys are using for insurance for commercial purposes.

All and any information are welcome.
I just received a favorable quote that I will most likely accept.

BWI Aviation Insurance Agency, Inc. PO Box 847527, Los Angeles, CA 90084-7527

You can find them on the googles.

I just received a favorable quote that I will most likely accept.

BWI Aviation Insurance Agency, Inc. PO Box 847527, Los Angeles, CA 90084-7527

You can find them on the googles.
Can you share the quote?

I have 2 drones under that policy as well as a DSLR. However, this is ONLY for recreational stuff. I pretty much self-insure the "hull" when I do commercial work. I use a monthly policy from Airwatch
I believe the State Farm policy covers up to $6000 for drone equipment(not liability) for about $70.I insured my Crystal Sky and they asked me if it was only for drone use.I believe it may vary from agent to agent as to what they will cover(odd sounding)and some State Farm agents don't even know about drone insurance.I used Rocco English State Farm Insurance Agent Rocco English in Orlando FL and they were quite aware of the procedure and face timed me to prove I had a functional drone.All done over web+phone.

$563/yr for my A2s replacement and 500k liability. Rec and pt107.
That seems quite reasonable, but the coverage seems kind of basic. Though I think $500k is an acceptable limit for most general situations I know if you have to fly over/in some venues they require a minimum of $1million liability and demand to be listed as a co-insured. Are you able to increase the coverage on an as-needed basis?

I am from Florida and I'm looking into renewing my drone insurance. I was wondering what you guys are using for insurance for commercial purposes.

All and any information are welcome.
I just renewed my $1M liability policy through Liberty Mutual on an annual basis. It is a big chunk out of your pocket for annual, but the costs for short term is beyond ridiculous. Example, my annual renewal was $777 which comes out to $64.75/month. If I wanted that same insurance monthly, it was over $300!!! It all comes down to risk. If you want "short" term (monthly or less), the insurance company knows you'll be flying during this time, so their risk is greater. If you get an annual policy, they (the insurance company) knows you will not be flying every day. They're banking on more "no-fly" days than "fly" days, so their risk is lower. The most important thing to note is that flight liability is not required, at least in most states, to operate commercially. If you are operating commercially, it would be totally foolish NOT to have it. If you don't have insurance, it is possible that some clients will not want to do business with you for that very reason.

Do you know if it covers only one or more drones for the $75
I have this policy, as well. I have my Air 2s, Mini2, iPad, LowePro backpack, and various other related items on it. I also had a Mavic 2 Pro on the policy at the same time, but since have sold it. As I've added items, it has never gone up. My agent recently suggested that I add other items, such as jewelry, etc., because the policy allows a certain dollar amount of coverage for the flat $75 annual premium, and I'm leaving quite a bit on the table.

The amount is not cut and dried, as the dollar amount allowed for the minimum premium varies with different types of items. Guns, for instance, use it up a lot faster than other items. I would say you could put quite a bit of drone gear on the policy with out the premium going up from the $75 minimum.

This coverage is only for personal items, and probably wouldn't work for commercial purposed. If you're doing some occasional freelance paying gigs, I just wouldn't mention it to them.

Do you know if it covers only one or more drones for the $75
I have the same policy. I currently have my Air 2s, Mini 2, iPad, LowePro backpack, and various other related items on the policy. I also had a Mavic 2 Pro on there at the same time until I recently sold it. The premium never went up from the initial $75/yr. My agent explained that there is a certain dollar amount that the $75 covers. The amount of that that gets "used up" varies with the type of items on the policy. For instance, drones and jewelry don't use it up as fast as firearms.

This is just a personal items policy, though, and probably wouldn't work for commercial purposes. I would say if you are just doing an occasional freelance gig, don't mention it to them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli