DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IACRA Part 107 Application Question

habbywall

Reactions
Hello all!

Just passed my Part 107 test this weekend. Am waiting for the results to be sent to IACRA so I can finish the application for my certificate and have one question.

My drivers license is not my current address, the test proctor told me I should just go through the application process and when I finish it change my address online prior to them sending out the actual certificate card. So my question is, for the application which address should I put, the one that is attached to my test information, and is on my current drivers license or my actual address? Don't want to put the wrong one and have it get denied.

Thanks!

Personally I would only use my current mailing address on IACRA. I don't think they care about the old address on your driver's license. As I recall, the FAA just matches the test via your name and date of birth and the test number you enter on the site.

You don't want the FAA accidentally sending something to your old address and having it get returned to sender.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
This was my thought as well and says similar on the iacra website, but it also mentions everything must match and I put my drivers license number in on the site and used the old address on my test registration info.

Use your current address. I had a similar situation back in May. I used my Massachusetts driver's license to take the test on a Friday. The following Monday, I switched my driver's license from Massachusetts to Virginia. Used my current address and had no problems at all.

Please used current address.

Your ID must have the same address as other things you take with you or fill out. Any discrepancies and you'll be required to fill out more paperwork and provide additional verification. I know because I was in this situation in 2016 which happened to be just after we moved into a new house (new mailing address etc). It was a PAIN!! I had to show 2 documents that had my full name and the new mailing address which I did NOT take with me. I think one had to be a utility bill IIRC.

Go to the IACRA page and call their help number. Ask them what you should do. They are very helpful. I had a different issue but walked me through all the steps.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S