DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Ice breaking in Midland, Ontario - 2021-03-09

klovatt

Reactions
Happened to have a beautiful day and a few minutes to get the Mini out and watching the CCGS Griffon as she came into the harbour. I had the Mini over the ice at a range of more than 500m most of the time. Made me a little nervous, but all worked out ok.

Unfortunately time ran out and I had to go to work after getting through only one battery. Next Winter I'll have to book time off so I can spend more time.

This is the first time I have spent the time to edit the captured video, so please temper expectations. It's a bit shaky in places.

Happened to have a beautiful day and a few minutes to get the Mini out and watching the CCGS Griffon as she came into the harbour. I had the Mini over the ice at a range of more than 500m most of the time. Made me a little nervous, but all worked out ok.

Unfortunately time ran out and I had to go to work after getting through only one battery. Next Winter I'll have to book time off so I can spend more time.

This is the first time I have spent the time to edit the captured video, so please temper expectations. It's a bit shaky in places.

What a great video! I used to live on Lake Michigan in Menominee, MI and I would see the icebreakers come through when I was a kid. Your video brings back memories of my father and I watching them. Thanks!

Reactions: klovatt
Judging by all the tracks on the ice, there's gonna be a lot of very surprised snowmobilers when they encounter that new open ditch across their trail.

What a great video! I used to live on Lake Michigan in Menominee, MI and I would see the icebreakers come through when I was a kid. Your video brings back memories of my father and I watching them. Thanks!
We actually has a USCG ice breaker here in December. The two services help each other out to clear the path for shipping in the Great Lakes.

Agree, good video, thogh the ending was a bit abrupt. Grew up in Midland, so it was nice to see some very familiar sights.

I loved it! I am a veteran of the U. S. Coast Guard, so by law I'm required to love this video. Hahaha! I really enjoyed it and it could've much longer and I would've watched, and enjoyed, all of it. Great job!

Agree, good video, thogh the ending was a bit abrupt. Grew up in Midland, so it was nice to see some very familiar sights.
Along with the suggestion from @DaveS , how you you suggest I improve? Perhaps fade to black or fade to a still shot?

I know it looks like there should be more (and there should), but my reality of limited time shot that idea down.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Along with the suggestion from @DaveS , how you you suggest I improve? Perhaps fade to black or fade to a still shot?

I know it looks like there should be more (and there should), but my reality of limited time shot that idea down.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!
My usual ending is a fade to black over a few seconds along with fading the audio. I usually bring the audio down over a longer interval and it can even continue into the black screen at the end.

Best thing to do, watch other peoples videos and see what you like (in the way of editing). There really is no right or wrong way to make videos.

Reactions: klovatt
Nice and thanks for sharing.

????

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass