DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iceland - DJI Mavic Air

Wonderdully done!
On a side note: what are the regulations for drones in iceland?

Wonderdully done!
I've been there one year ago, sadly before to get the mavic [emoji22]

As you can see with this video footage, flying over most of the biggest sightseeings is prohibited.

Besides, I keep thinking about how many crazy shots I could have made, if only...

Iceland s so big and empty, I cannot think about a better place to fly, as almost all the country is a postcard!

But wind and rain are really present, we've been lucky during our week over there, and as they're used to say : if the weather bothers you, just wait 5min!

It's true unless you're stuck in a fjord without wind..

Reactions: JoostGT3
Beautiful !

I was waiting for Gandolf to come riding by on his white horse...

Reactions: richardhurst
Wonderdully done!

Usual height/distance regulations should be adhered to. All the major sites such as the waterfalls have banned drone flying mainly due to the amount of visitors on the ground. But Iceland is massive and there is loads of dramatic scenery to be filmed where there are no people. In the 8 days I was there it rained for 3.5 days with low clouds and 100mph winds but on the calmer days it was possible to get in the air.

@richardhurst & @nikkolaa ; thanks for the replies.
Sounds like a reasonable regulation... no reason not to take the drone with me in case I'll travel to Iceland (which is DEFINITELY on the list!)
Thanks again, cheers Joost

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet