DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iceland question

beeflyin

Reactions
Headed to Iceland soon. Some website say for recreation you still have to put your name, phone number and address on drone. Is this accurate? Also looking for good apps like we use in the US (Air Control, and UAV forecast) to know where I can fly and get weather info. Can't find a good map online showing the no fly zones, except what Geofencing you can see on DJI.

Have a read of the Iceland Aviation Authority's drone website. Drones
You will need an EASA Operator ID (€30 plus a test, valid for 5 years in any EU country (plus Iceland, Norway, Switzerland etc). Name, address, phone number and EASA Operator ID need to be on the drone.

There is also a link on there to information about restricted areas (mainly the three national parks, but also various airfields and bird nesting areas). You can often still fly there, but there are some extra regulations over the standard EASA distance rules.

Reactions: 4006448
Awesome place to film, although you will see so many "drones forbidden" signs in all the touristy places which is typical really, does seem that most people ignor the signs though. I barely flew there due to the weather (80mpg gusts) and lots of gps issues due to the solar flares (index was at 7 most of the week so refused to risk it) and lost signal too much for no reason (even 200m over a lagoon)

Get the licence and put the info on the drone (mine has 3 IDs in the battery compartment)
Uav forecast will give you the map warning of small heliports all over but also some helis fly with no transponder so keep a keen ear and eye out.

If you do manage to get a flight in, record every second :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman