DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iceland!

Thanks for the great video. I went there last March and already trying to find a slot of spare time to go back for more adventures. I did the whole tour of the island and to me the best leg was between the town of Høfn in the south east and the small town of Sigluflordur up north. Stayed at the Siglo hotel up there and it turned out to be the best hotel experience of my life and I have been traveling the world for the last 26 years for work.

quick low res phone edit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great video. I went there last March and already trying to find a slot of spare time to go back for more adventures. I did the whole tour of the island and to me the best leg was between the town of Høfn in the south east and the small town of Sigluflordur up north. Stayed at the Siglo hotel up there and it turned out to be the best hotel experience of my life and I have been traveling the world for the last 26 years for work.

quick low res phone edit.

cool! we alsov drove aroud the whole island. My favorite places has to be the whole south coast, and the vestmannaeyjar, unfortendly do to bad weather i wasent able to take any fotages there:(

Awesome video! Now I'm getting excited. Because my wife and I are planning to go to iceland, sometime in the middle of May 2019. Are drones mostly allowed anywhere in iceland? well of course and I'm sure with the exception of the national park.

Really enjoyed that. Shows even when the weather isn’t great you can still get some beautiful footage.

What drone were you using?

absolutely beautiful and stunning. What spec do you film in?

Are drones mostly allowed anywhere in iceland? well of course and I'm sure with the exception of the national park.

Yes you are right of course. Most tourist waterfalls do have a « no drone » sign as well.
However the country is large enough that it won’t be a problem for you to fly.
When I went this October, the winds were too strong, and sadly, the drone remained folded every day...:-(

Very nice!
I saw a lo of Iceland videos this year and most of them were full with scenes in very touristic areas, where the "no drones" signs are very clear.
I found drones a plague at this places and even without the signs I wouldn't fly there. But as you say, the country is wide and has so many lonely places. You just need to have enough time, not only a week to rush over the most popluar spots...
Hey, you must have been as well at Hotel Skaftafell and did the 20-25min hike from the hotel to the lonley small glacier lagoon north of it! ;-)

Awesome video! Now I'm getting excited. Because my wife and I are planning to go to iceland, sometime in the middle of May 2019. Are drones mostly allowed anywhere in iceland? well of course and I'm sure with the exception of the national park.

Thanks! Drones are mostly allowed, but in many of the main tourist locations they are baned. But you will definetly find awsome spopt outside the main tourist locations like i did! The weather can be a bigger problem! We stayed there for 2 weeks and i was most of the time not able to fly do to rain and high wind, and we was there in the middle of the summer:)

Reactions: foxagntmulder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato