DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'D LIKE TO PRESENT MY CARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you also only have only one microSD card? If you have multiples, how do you store them with the tape attached?

I put the microSD into an SD adapter an store it in a case with the tape hanging out. Another tip: To remind me which way is up for the card when inserting the microSD into the drone and the controller, I put a small Sharpie dot next to the SD slot showing which side the SD is notched. You can see the red dot next to the red tape on the Mini3 pro in the photo. (I just noticed below the dot, the DJI ID/serial label is sticking out from the battery slot).

IMG_1260.jpg

Reactions: Mrveronn
No more fly away SD card with this simple solution, I'd like to share.
I've attached a small piece of clear tape to the tail end of my SD card (as shown) and applied "RED" to the tape for ease of inserting, ejecting and seeing.
It gives me a better handle on it, especially when I take it from the drone and play the SD card in a computer.
If it does fly away on ejection, it's easy to find................ahh......a simple solution!

View attachment 164452View attachment 164453View attachment 164454
In my M2Z I have a 128GB card. I upload the pics and videos straight to the computer when I'm done. If when I think the card may be filling up, I format it. Almost never take the card out and never had a problem. Is there a reason you have to remove it so often?

I put the microSD into an SD adapter an store it in a case with the tape hanging out. Another tip: To remind me which way is up for the card when inserting the microSD into the drone and the controller, I put a small Sharpie dot next to the SD slot showing which side the SD is notched. You can see the red dot next to the red tape on the Mini3 pro in the photo. (I just noticed below the dot, the DJI ID/serial label is sticking out from the battery slot).

View attachment 164513
Yes, that works, but makes it difficult to keep track of multiple cards in a microSD card wallet. It's easier to lose multiple loose individual plastic cases than one waterproof card wallet stored in your drone case, or pocket, although I did lose one once when foolishly placed into an open jacket pocket!

In my M2Z I have a 128GB card. I upload the pics and videos straight to the computer when I'm done. If when I think the card may be filling up, I format it. Almost never take the card out and never had a problem. Is there a reason you have to remove it so often?
Prudence dictates changing cards every time you change batteries, unless you don't care about your recordings, per post #18 above.

This thread has run its course. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.