DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideal amount of batteries? How many batteries do you have?

Same as most of you guys, 3 batteries from the fly more. I think I’ve only used 2 of them so far. However, I've only had the MM for 2 weeks and summer is around a few corners but I reckon that 4 batteries is the magic number. You can have them all charging during the night and gain about 2 hours air time.

I do however wonder if battery temperature affects the MM. flying for 25-30 mins then landing, swithing out the batt. For a new one and doing this 3 times should have an impact on the Mini dont you think?

I have the flight more combo.. With 3 bateries I'm ok. I live at 2800 masl and only last about 17min each one.. On sea level my longest flight was about 21 min..

Had 2 of mine to swell so just got a new one in and got to get 2 more ?

P3A: 3 batteries
MM1: 3 batteries via FMC
Tello: 3 batteries via Boost combo
M2Z: 6 batteries - 3 originally from FMK that swelled but still has uses, 3 replacements.

3 is a good number of batteries for me.

What’s the ideal amount of batteries you should have for your Mavic Mini and how many do you have for yours?
"Ideal" is very subjective. My "ideal" involves wallet and reality. I've only the 2 batteries that came with my Costco combo. I've run them both down to low battery warnings on the same outing, but a new battery costs about 1/8 the entire cost of the combo and I'm still learning.
If it starts happening often I'll probably move up to another platform in the $1K range.
I'd pay handsomely for a UAV that would use my DeWalt 20V max batteries, I probably have about $1K worth of them and use them everyday

I have 3 batteries [emoji367] so far, but I’m going to buy another battery by next week.
And if I’m lucky another drone [emoji106][emoji120]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phyrphighter