DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idiots that ruin it for the rest of us!!

Well I forget that everyone is not from the same place. I am in the United States, our laws are not that stupid (strict)
It's an EU thing we adopted so same across Europe.

Problem we have now is that CAA has passed power of enforcement to local police. If a passing police car or officers responding to a complaint spot your drone in a congested area, they would now have the authority to arrest and build a case for prosecution. CAA don't need to investigate or get their hands dirty.

Common sense though. We all break it in some way, it's just the idiots who fly over football matches and schools that the media pounce on.

drone.png

dronecode-page-002

Last edited:
Why do you have to say ‘stupid’? Does your disrespect know no bounds? Don’t bother answering that. I have no wish to see any more of your childish posts, based on your inability to read and understand other posters.

Because I feel that the law is stupid to be so strict? Why is that so disrespectful? Do you agree with every single law in all countries across the world or do you have some that you might find "stupid" as well. You need a chill pill to get so worked up over this.

It's an EU thing we adopted so same across Europe.

Problem we have now is that CAA has passed power of enforcement to local police. If a passing police car or officers responding to a complaint spot your drone in a congested area, they would now have the authority to arrest and build a case for prosecution. CAA don't need to investigate or get their hands dirty.

Common sense though. We all break it in some way, it's just the idiots who fly over football matches and schools that the media pounce on.

drone.png

dronecode-page-002

Yes, I really doubt we’ll have many problems if we use some common sense.

Reactions: Callum
Yes, I really doubt we’ll have many problems if we use some common sense.
Exactly mate, police are only going to investigate if someone complains so don't give them a reason to.
Loads of beautiful places to fly legally in UK without much travel so pretty stupid to risk it over a town or city.

Reactions: Simes
That is if you believe the report. I am sure the facts have been embellished to increase the shock value.
A documented fatality due to a drone incident will be required before I take any stock in reports like this. Bumps and bandaids do not qualify as a reason to call something Too dangerous to use around people.
"News & Star". Yep, that sure sounds like a well known and respected media source !

There's three sides to every story, his side, there side, and what really happened. I fell if it brought up a concern then the operator of the drone is wrong regardless. We have to go out of our way to make sure these things dont happen if we want to keep our freedom to fly. I was asked by a school to take pictures of groups of children from above, I did from a saft distance with the permission of the school. Got some great shots and when enlarged they were perfect.

Reactions: Simes and Huddy
This really falls into the common sense rule. Don't fly over crowds and if you fly over schools stay at high altitudes to avoid any chance of injury. Even though embellished this does cast a dark light on responsible adult minded flyers.
On a side note I have an app on my tablet that indicates caution fly areas and places. Now schools all show up as places you can indeed fly in however caution is advised. This pertains only to recreational flyers. If you have a 107 then you are required to attain authorization before flying in any of these areas. So the rules are much stricter for licensed pilots.

This really falls into the common sense rule. Don't fly over crowds and if you fly over schools stay at high altitudes to avoid any chance of injury. Even though embellished this does cast a dark light on responsible adult minded flyers.
On a side note I have an app on my tablet that indicates caution fly areas and places. Now schools all show up as places you can indeed fly in however caution is advised. This pertains only to recreational flyers. If you have a 107 then you are required to attain authorization before flying in any of these areas. So the rules are much stricter for licensed pilots.
As stated a few times in thread, it's in the UK.
Not legal to fly over or within 500 ft at any altitude.

People who pepper their posts with juvenile terms such as ‘idiotic’, ‘stupid’ and ‘baloney’ betray a limited ability to debate, and to process the thoughts of others and deal with them in an adult way. This is lamentable coming from someone who has a history of picking up other forum users on grammatical errors and typos, especially when one of those people was Polish.

None of what you say above relates to anything I said. I’ve never chased likes. I’m not interested and I’m not that juvenile. I suspect you’re imagining it. Furthermore, none of the restrictions I referred to were ‘ invented’ or ‘imaginary’. They are the rules in place in this country, which is where the incident occurred.

You’d do well to deal with your rather pompous and dismissive attitude to others on here. It would also serve you well to stop picking people up on typos and grammatical errors, because you’re not all that good a writer yourself. In short, get over yourself.
Oh please, your making me laugh. Thank you, I couldn't agree more with your position don't know or care about the direction. Thank you for the chuckle.

the mavic is a safe stable drone. it doesn't suddenly move for no reason. so flying close to people isn't that dangerous. when I take off and land I'm only a few feet from the drone, but I'm not worried.
the school kids or kids in general aren't running around naked are they?
if someone takes video of my 9 year old daughter I could care less.
I crashed my mavic in a school. the main reason you shouldn't fly too close
to students is you disturbed their studies.
if they came out with a mavic with a 10x zoom lens that would help. steve

the mavic is a safe stable drone. it doesn't suddenly move for no reason. so flying close to people isn't that dangerous. when I take off and land I'm only a few feet from the drone, but I'm not worried.
the school kids or kids in general aren't running around naked are they?
if someone takes video of my 9 year old daughter I could care less.
I crashed my mavic in a school. the main reason you shouldn't fly too close
to students is you disturbed their studies.
if they came out with a mavic with a 10x zoom lens that would help. steve
"The mavic is a safe stable drone, it doesn't move for no reason, Flying close to people isnt that dangerous."

Then on your next breath you crashed your mavic in a school.

Are you for real?

At the end of the day it's illegal, pure and simple.

Rules and regulations have been set. They are pretty fair but all it takes is one idiot to hit a group of kids and things will go south very quickly.

"The mavic is a safe stable drone, it doesn't move for no reason, Flying close to people isnt that dangerous."

Then on your next breath you crashed your mavic in a school.

Are you for real?

At the end of the day it's illegal, pure and simple.

Rules and regulations have been set. They are pretty fair but all it takes is one idiot to hit a group of kids and things will go south very quickly.

But hey, he also said if they had a 10X zoom, he wouldnt have to fly that close to the school, and something about naked kids. I for one found that more disturbing than the crash! :D

Reactions: Callum
I think the reason I crashed was because I few under a metal roof. you guys act like if a mavic hits someone it's gonna cut them to pieces. I got hit by my blades and I didn't get cut at all. maybe you should do some testing with farm animals before you mouth off. these rules of not flying by crowds are stupid. steve

I think the reason I crashed was because I few under a metal roof. you guys act like if a mavic hits someone it's gonna cut them to pieces. I got hit by my blades and I didn't get cut at all. maybe you should do some testing with farm animals before you mouth off. these rules of not flying by crowds are stupid. steve

Words fail me!! Test it on animals!! I really wish I never started this thread [emoji57]. Unfortunately it is becoming more and more evident with each post why regulation and laws are becoming necessary. Unfortunately, probably won’t stop the idiots but might discourage them from purchasing in the first place. Damage will depend on the speed of the blades.

Reactions: Callum and Huddy
Ok, I'll bite.

Child lost eye after being hit by drone
Toddler's eye sliced in half by drone

I was not trying to compare the incidents, it was for the benefit of a previous poster who was under the impression that you couldn't get injured from a drone prop.

The school incident wasn't just reported by this newspaper, it was reported by all local media due to a police press report.
The police put out the details to aid investigation.

There's only one person to blame and that's the pilot. You can't say it was "flown safely over a playground" when if it had been flown safely it would never have been near the school.

Laws are in place and if people keep breaking them it will just result in more regulation and stiffer punishments. That's the way things work over here.

Reactions: Huddy
if any thread ever needed closed,this be it.

Reactions: colinfowler

You say the pilot flew responsibly due to the fact he flew without incident.

If I drive at 120mph on the motorway am I driving responsibly as long as I don't crash?

Yes people break regulations all the time. Going out of VLOS, taking off closer than 50m to people, being withing 150m of a built up area but it's people who do stupid stuff like hover over a primary school playground that ruin it for everyone. It's them that makes it into the media wether reporting is accurate or not.

My point is simply common sense is needed. If your going to push the boundaries don't do it in a way which gives people the ammunition to slate the hobby.

Think we will just have to agree to disagree on this one and move on to something else.

Reactions: Huddy and Simes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman