DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If no manual ATTI mode, then returning Mavic

sorka

Reactions
Ugh! I can't believe I didn't scope this out prior to buying my mavic. I've just learned there's no way to switch to ATTI mode manually. This is totally unacceptable. I've had 3 fly aways with my P3P where immediately switching to ATTI mode saved my aircraft. Having 200+ hours on manual quads, I'm very comfortable removing the nannies and flying manually.

I understand that it will switch to ATTI mode in the event of a detected compass or GPS error, but I've had fly aways start where I switched to ATTI mode and saved the aircraft from hitting something *before* the aircraft realized that there was an error.

Did DJI improve something about the Mavic that makes it much faster to detect compass or GPS errors? I see the forum is still filled with the occasional fly away sad stories just like the phantom sections.

My guess is that DJI did this to prevent inexeperienced pilots from losing control of their aircraft and that they did this believing they'd prevent more crashes by inexeperienced owners than the crashes that experienced owners ould prevent by having instance access to full manual control.

Is there any work around for this? I saw that some had programmed the sport mode button to switch to ATTI mode but that is now been prevented in the latest firmware update.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
If you opened the box, you own it according to most resellers.

I'd park my ego, and fly the dame thing the way they intended you to.
Hmmm, I wouldn't call this an ego thing at all. Flying in ATTI mode is a blast. Plus, when my Phantom 2 started to fly away, a few years ago, ATTI saved the day. However, the Mavic does not have a manual ATTI mode.

Can anyone tell me what those initials stand for? Seems MAN for manual would be more understandable. Aircraft Telemetry Timeout Innitiated???

Reactions: barqueto
Ugh! I can't believe I didn't scope this out prior to buying my mavic. I've just learned there's no way to switch to ATTI mode manually. This is totally unacceptable. I've had 3 fly aways with my P3P where immediately switching to ATTI mode saved my aircraft. Having 200+ hours on manual quads, I'm very comfortable removing the nannies and flying manually.

I understand that it will switch to ATTI mode in the event of a detected compass or GPS error, but I've had fly aways start where I switched to ATTI mode and saved the aircraft from hitting something *before* the aircraft realized that there was an error.

Did DJI improve something about the Mavic that makes it much faster to detect compass or GPS errors? I see the forum is still filled with the occasional fly away sad stories just like the phantom sections.

My guess is that DJI did this to prevent inexeperienced pilots from losing control of their aircraft and that they did this believing they'd prevent more crashes by inexeperienced owners than the crashes that experienced owners ould prevent by having instance access to full manual control.

Is there any work around for this? I saw that some had programmed the sport mode button to switch to ATTI mode but that is now been prevented in the latest firmware update.

Stop being a sook & go Fly, you must even have some Fun :p

Reactions: lenzwizard
Can anyone tell me what those initials stand for? Seems MAN for manual would be more understandable. Aircraft Telemetry Timeout Innitiated???
ATTI = Attitude Mode. The barometer keeps working, in an attempt to hold the craft at altitude, but that's about the only thing helping the operator during flight. The craft is otherwise fully at the mercy of wind, updrafts...etc.

Reactions: lenzwizard
ATTI = Attitude Mode. The barometer keeps working, in an attempt to hold the craft at altitude, but that's about the only thing helping the operator during flight. The craft is otherwise fully at the mercy of wind, updrafts...etc.

Ahhh, I see....the craft cops an attitude, and passes it on to give the inexperienced pilot an attitude, LOL!

Flyaway's on the Mavic are nearly unheard of without a pilot error.

99% of issues are usually due to lost signal and bad home point and/or RTH altitude.

My advice is if you prefer a manual quad for safety, then grab a P2, P3 and a P4. This isn't for you.

The one time my Mavic went into ATTI mode I lost all heading a mile away. I don't care how good you are, when you don't have LOS you're *******

Flyaway's on the Mavic are nearly unheard of without a pilot error.

99% of issues are usually due to lost signal and bad home point and/or RTH altitude.

My advice is if you prefer a manual quad for safety, then grab a P2, P3 and a P4. This isn't for you.

The one time my Mavic went into ATTI mode I lost all heading a mile away. I don't care how good you are, when you don't have LOS you're screwed

What happened when you lost the heading? How did you overcome and get the Mavic on track? I ask, 'cause I am trying to be prepared in case it happens to me. I prefer FPV flying and taking this thing out as far as I can during my "experimental" runs :)

Reactions: buzzlightyr
You lose which was your pointing. In my case it all looked the same. On my small iPhone!

But it finally came back and viola I got my telemetry and heading back.

I never flew there again. Someone told me it was the concrete buildings around where I started from?

Don't know.

I also had my Phantom go into ATTI mode once in Washington.

I'm man enough to admit. It scares me when you're not looking at your drone.

Reactions: newguy
Was the concrete building in Phoenix? I only get scared when I get electrical interference warnings or lose the video image! Time to turn the little ******* around!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice is if you prefer a manual quad for safety, then grab a P2, P3 and a P4.

You mean like the P3 that I just sold :rolleyes:

The dji mavic forum has about the same rate of fly away complaints as the P3 does all supposedly NOT due to pilot error.

That said, you could be right, but I've had 3 fly aways on my P3 that last for about 2 seconds and was instantly ended by me switching to ATTI.

I've only had one issue, and it was because of ATTI mode. Not the other way around.

But yeah no switching it on that I know of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000