DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If no manual ATTI mode, then returning Mavic

Ugh! That would mean I have to stare at the "firmware update" required warning every time.

Do you know if they disabled being able to change flight parameters in debug mode such as max pitch and roll angle in sport mode?

I don't know what is going on with newer firmwares and how they interact TBH. I don't even notice the firmware update required notice now. If you have a dedicated device you can just turn off access to the internet and it won't know it's not up to date. Or you could just turn off access anytime you fire up the APP.

I too was disappointed when I bought mine that there was no ATTI mode. Seems most people don't understand or care what they're missing.

Is yours moving back and left even with the correct stick inputs to prevent that? Does it do that no matter which orientation to the wind you are?

Correct with no sticking point it will just move back, but if I have the back against the wind and the winds blowing about 2 to 3 mph it will stay still

I am a supporter of ATTI mode being "required" and have my Mavic set with ATTI instead of sport... but on the other hand I've flown >25h with it and never had a single occurrence where I lost GPS or otherwise would have needed ATTI, so it isn't THAT bad. I've enabled it becasue I actually like to fly ATTI for some stuff, and it would be good for things like indoor/boat situations.

Reactions: sorka and Big Fil
It doesn't. It works for a certain random amount of time yes, but then falls back.
I have try it two times it shows that it is works . I don't know if it falls back . It haven't ocured to me . Have you try it at 0.900 ?

Yes. It does go back to GPS after a while, can be 30 seconds or 3 minutes. If you're not careful you may not even notice it, but fact is it's not reliable and should not be counted on.
On 700 no problem.

Yes. It does go back to GPS after a while, can be 30 seconds or 3 minutes. If you're not careful you may not even notice it, but fact is it's not reliable and should not be counted on.
On 700 no problem.

30 seconds should be more than long enough to prevent a crash and get clear of any nearby structures while in ATTI mode.

So this is good. I'll give it a shot this weekend with DJI assistant.

Can anyone tell me what those initials stand for? Seems MAN for manual would be more understandable. Aircraft Telemetry Timeout Innitiated???
As mentioned Atti = Attitude mode. Not to be confused with Manual mode.
Manual mode is available on flight systems such as Wookong M and A2 etc. In Atti mode the craft still utilities sensors to remain in stable flight, it just will not have the ability to hover in a stationary position using GPS . Whereas in Manual mode, the craft will not stabilize itself. It will not level out if you let go of the sticks for example.
Not many can fly Manual as it takes a fair bit of practice to master.
I fly my large hexa in Atti mode 90% of the time, the Wookong M flight control is four years old and not as refined as the Mavics. However I have not had an instance where I needed to switch out of GPS mode with my Mavic. It seems to do a pretty good job of sorting itself out.

On 700 no problem.
From curiosity i just made a test and craft was at ATTI mode for 12 minutes without fall back to P mode. Just mentioning for general knowledge

Reactions: sorka
3 flyways? Sounds like pilot error

Not only was it not pilot error, had I not been able to switch to ATTI, my P3P would have been toast in at least 1 of those cases. You weren't there. You don't know the circumstance and you don't know my level of experience.

Ah yes. The 'Troll' comment. Always wheeled out when someone has the nerve to post what everyone else is thinking.

The only indication you have of what everyone else was thinking is what they actually posted. There's no conspiracy here from everyone to post the opposite of what they're thinking.

So yes, based on your posting history, the troll comment is appropriate.

Reactions: Bolewsky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout