DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If the Mavic Forums Were a YouTube Channel

smbishop

Flying in Texas
Premium Pilot
Reactions
First, post a click-bait photo of something "No One Knows" about their drone, so that it shows up when you hover over the thread title.

2nd, write an entire paragraph describing what you are going to explain, without explaining anything.

3rd, explain your wisdom that no other drone pilot ever knew in the most authoritative voice that you can muster.

4th, interrupt your profound wisdom with a 'sponsor' paragraph describing something we actually never knew we needed including links to your personal Amazon account so that you receive $ if someone buys it.

5th, beg anyone reading your post to like it, and subscribe.

6th, continue on with your explanation with a teaser that the most valuable information is at the end of the post.

7th, interrupt your explanation again with an offer of a free give-a-way if readers like your post, share on social media, and mention your name in the comments.

8th, wrap up your explanation with a limited time opportunity to buy your LUTS and Cheat Sheats at a discounted price to profoundly improve your photography and drone experience.

9th, don't forget to provide a link to your other post about how 'you too' can earn $$$$ posting on MavicPilots if you pay a monthly fee to the members only feed.

I am so thankful for a community of experts and learners (like me), that are rewarded with the wealth of knowledge and discussion on MavicPilots.

Reactions: IFlied and Romi
For sure, I have learned alot on this forum; to me the information is invaluable and unavailable pretty much anywhere else. I can't image what the world would have been like had we such a place to learn and interact with when I was growing up.

Reactions: Cafguy
For sure, I have learned alot on this forum; to me the information is invaluable and unavailable pretty much anywhere else. I can't image what the world would have been like had we such a place to learn and interact with when I was growing up.
Agree!

There are a few good tubers, sadly they are few and very far between.

Yes! I have 3 that I actively follow, like, and watch to the end to support them. I occasionally 'buy' them coffee when their channel provides the volume of information I might find in a book. The rest, I rarely open their videos, and never like or comment.

This was more about my journey into YouTube when I first bought my Mini 2. I got sucked into all of it, until I figured it out....

Unfortunately YouTube brings out the worst in a lot of people who become totally obsessed with money versus truth. The titles are so bad.

I love to use YouTube for learning, But yes sadly it has become a place for advice built around whatever component the poster is shilling that week!
There are still a few you can trust you just have to take their advice with caution first.
There are some that are IMO Mandatory, If you want to get the best from the drone hobby.-- Anything from Joshua Bardwell is a must watch and his videos are pretty much a college level course in our hobby. There are others that are great at presenting their subject in a informative manner you just have to get thru the mess sometimes.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I agree, I have my favorites. I will check out Joshua’s channel. Thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne