DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you are frustrated with your gimbal cover...

Good tip. I'll have to try it. I've been using the "old method" of hooking the top and then snapping in the bottom. Your method looks cleaner and faster.

There is little that is more frustrating than trying to attach a gimbal cover to a Mavic 2 Pro with the "swinging door" though it does keep the gimbal steady in transit.

Reactions: @Rip
Oh, there are plenty ...
I have chosen this one and added additional slim pads on the sides and the bottom which made a perfect fit.

View attachment 152523
It doesn't appear they are available in the US. But there must be a reason why DJI created a cover that stabilized the gimbal within the cover. A single piece cover would seem cheaper to make and DJI's bean counters seem to go with trimming cost over quality and function.

Hmm, I suspect the M2P ist just out of production and therefore only remainders of accessories are available anymore.
I don't doubt that the original gimbal protector of DJI fits best but I've never ran into any trouble with the 3rd party one (+ additional tape) - and I carried the M2P around a lot at home and abroad.

It's a matter of getting used to. ;)
I can send you one for free but I guess the postage is quite a bit from Europe to US ...

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Just purchased Mini 3 today... the gimbal cover was an oddity.
Got a smooth pattern going similar to above after playing a bit.
May be a problem in Winter and gloves... harder to turn the gimbal.

Reactions: bonzo
DJI released two gimbal covers with the Mini 3. The first ones had tabs inside the cover that had to align with each side of the camera making it very challenging. I think there were so many complaints that the later releases had a gimbal cover without the tabs (or they were much much smaller) making that version much easier to snap on. I've seen comparison photos of the two side by side showing the difference.
Regardless, the technique Bonzo demonstrated will work with either of the gimbal covers.

Reactions: bonzo
....this is how I attach mine:

Mini 3 gimbal attachment method.

LOL, what am I missing here? What is actually being done that is "different?" The clip is so fast I'm not sure what I am seeing. :) Never has a problem putting mine on after the 1st try.

EDIT OK, I just ran it in slow motion (never noticed that "feature of YT) and still can't see what is the special move? Maybe the "thumb action?) :)

Reactions: miemo
Interesting on the 2 versions of Gimbal.
I just purchased mine, BestBuy finally got a small stock.

Mine has the internal tabs or alignment fins... large enough if camera not inside them the Gimbal Cover won't go on. I'd think their recent inventory would be most recent production.

That's the only "catch" I see installing, needing to get little camera aligned between fins. I think previous mavic models had similar need but wasn't quite so small and didn't have the inside gimbal tab to get hooked.

Not overall complicated, just it's own unique clip-on. The Mavic 3 has it's uniqueness too even with it being a huge nose muzzle.

Reactions: Torque
LOL, what am I missing here? What is actually being done that is "different?" The clip is so fast I'm not sure what I am seeing. :) Never has a problem putting mine on after the 1st try.

EDIT OK, I just ran it in slow motion (never noticed that "feature of YT) and still can't see what is the special move? Maybe the "thumb action?) :)
Thumb keeps the camera straight so it doesn't pivot and catch on the cover when putting it on.
Some people like me had problems with that, and wanted to help others. Glad you found it humorous.

You don't...so you just keep doing you. ;)

Thumb keeps the camera straight so it doesn't pivot and catch on the cover when putting it on.
Some people like me had problems with that, and wanted to help others. Glad you found it humorous.

You don't...so you just keep doing you. ;)

Ahhhh, now I see and it makes sense. I knew the thumb action has something to do with it but couldn't figure out what. I do fiddle with the camera a couple times before popping the cover on. Your description in the post didn't mention the problem you were resolving but now I get it since you described it. Maybe you should add that to the OP for other dummies like me. :D

I just pop the cover into the 2 holes then push it forward and it goes right on (after messing with the camera).

i kept the foam from the gimball when i first receive my M3P , i use it to keep the gimbal stuck then i can use the gimbal cover, its cheap and work fine.

i kept the foam from the gimball when i first receive my M3P , i use it to keep the gimbal stuck then i can use the gimbal cover, its cheap and work fine.
I do the same… using the foam to keep the gimbal in the correct position.
I had the hood for my M2Z and Mini 2, and never used the default cover,but as yet there is not one for the Mini 3, as the gimbal sticks out further, thus needing a different design, if it’s actually possible to design one for it.

I also retained the foam for both the M3P and M3Cine.
Helps hold, and I feel helps support in travel. My M3Cine has a Backpack case that gets tossed into car at times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre