DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you like old trains:

some nice flying, you can feel the power in those old steam engines a living breathing thing

Reactions: parkgt
yes you are right we have a few of them in the UK that pull special trains and there is something about them that takes you back to your childhood when they were the norm

im 72 years young whats your excuse

My good friend works for the the railroad and in two weeks, the big locomotive like this one is coming to Denver I believe! Awesome flying!!!
It is the same one, in that open beautiful scenery someone should be able to get some great footage. It was tough here most places the tracks are crowed by treelines.

It is the same one, in that open beautiful scenery someone should be able to get some great footage. It was tough here most places the tracks are crowed by treelines.
it may be the same one. I will post on my facebook and see if my friend knows it. He is one of the inspectors.

Hi, old man mavic,
WP_20160630_10_50_22_Rich.jpg
you never get too old to learn something new,
I am soon 83 and have started a new career as a Drone pilot.

Old railways are something to preserve, here are some pictures of my grandchildren and "Veteran steam train".

@TTP hello my fellow flyer ,you are right age is no barrier to drone ownership, in fact a great many of us are in the older age group,i guess we have more time to indulge our passion, as we we are no longer working, thanks for the pics very nice take care and happy flying

Thanks "old man mavic", two real benefits for us a little more mature, we keep both our brain and body in good condition.

Reactions: old man mavic
I love trains! Great video; thanks for sharing

Yes thanks I love old trains. I love your use of stills in your video's. Unfortunately, the Old steam engine we use to have in the CVNP system broke was was beyond repair. They do still pull one form somewhere once a year to drive on their tracks that runs from Akron to Cleveland through the park system.
Unfortunately, due the a Park a NFZ.

Great vid loved seeing the old steam loco. We have quite a few preserved running in uk would love to be Able to shoot them like you have. By the way I’m a young un and total newbie to drones at only 56 so never to late to learn new skills ?

For those interested, this engine, called "Big Boy", was the most powerful steam locomotive ever built anywhere. It and its siblings hauled freight across the Continental Divide between Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+