DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im not a pilot but I play one on TV!

churious

Reactions
Quick Intro: Im new to the craft. Purchased a Mavic Pro after playing around with one on a little film shoot a couple weeks back. Looking forward to a mid Jan delivery.

Im a film profesional who wants to create some personal projects as well as get certified and do professional work adding to our capabilities.

My initial experience with the Mavic in sport mode was that its fairly simple to control. Im no expert but Ive been known to dominate video games. ;) All joking aside any tips for initial and first few flights would be great. Been doing a bit of research and glad to be apart of the group.

Read, watch, and understand the manuals and instruction videos. Don't get so engrossed with what's on the screen that you lose track of where the Mavic is. You'll be fine...

Start in wide open areas! Make sure compass is calibrated if you are prompted on screen within the DJI GO app. Fly controlled patterns at first. Learn how to fly forward and backward at a specific height and then try to fly circles while panning the camera slowly. Always understand which way the Mavic is facing by getting familiar with the LED lights.

Burn a few batterie down to 50 % doing these drills.Dont even concern yourself with whats on the screen and dont take pictures or video to start out.
Just develop the muscle memory to fly using the controls while looking at the Mavic in the air.

New pilots get so engrossed in what they see on screen when good visuals of the drone are important.

Only run batteries down to 50 percent on first 10 flights. This allows battery conditioning and will increase the capacity and potentially the longevity of the batteries.

I start my battery conditioning flights tomorrow as I just received my fly more combo kit today. Christmas came early.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Download the Mavic manual from the Mavic downloads page. It contains a wealth of information that you should understand before attempting your first flight.

Only run batteries down to 50 percent on first 10 flights. This allows battery conditioning and will increase the capacity and potentially the longevity of the batteries.

How? These batteries are lithium ion.

How? These batteries are lithium ion.
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Just land as it approaches the 50% mark. I also practice the 10 & 10 method flying the new batteries 10 times to 50%.

Keep in mind, these are not your households alkaline batteries most people are used to.
Here is an informative web page on LiPo's. Lithium Polymer Etiquette: A Comprehensive Guide to Working with LiPo

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum churious :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent